Chapter Five

There was just a ringing, like a bomb had gone off right next to you, it stopped you hearing the people around you, stopped you focusing, everything was blurry, twenty, forty, sets of feet? Where were you? You were cold, frozen your body ached. There was shouting, languages a mixture. You tried to stand but left yourself falling. Laughter, you were sure thats what it was as you once again take a tumble. 

"Miss America. . . hello!!" You winced, following the sound, a bury face in your face, it wasn't one you recognised. His clothes were strange. 

"What. .  where. . .?" You feel someone help you sit. "Where am I?" 

"The HYDRA base you were meant to take out." 

"Did it work?" 

"Sort of." 

"Who are you?" You slowly begin to see and hear clearly, a crowed of people around you. "What the hell is this? Where are the others? What did you do?" 

"Oh we didn't do anything, we found you like this but. . ." The man talking, although looking at it, he was younger than you thought, twenties maybe? "we have a facility now and a lot of plans." 

"You're Hydra?" 

"We wish!" A girl snorts from the back. 

"Agnes, shut up" the man who had been speaking to you grunted, clicking his tongue in his teeth, a tattoo of HYDRA on his neck. 

"I don't understand. . . " you begin to stand but wobble. 

"Yeah, you've been in that freezing chamber a long time, you ain't getting out of here in a hurry." Theres sniggering. 

"Someone tell me what the HELL IS GOING ON!" You start to panic, your powers glitching, the inviability flickering and now a scarlet haze around your hands, you're confused, scared. 

"Woah woah woah. . . you got new powers cool!!" The guy said. "Listen. . . We want what you have, so we need you alive for experiments ok so just chill."

"I will kill you, Cap, Sargent Barnes, the commandos know where I am. . .ok" You feel woozy yet strong, like power was building. 

"They're dead America. . ." You swirl your head round to whoever just spoke. 

"What?" 

"Its 2008. . . the year 2008" 

"You're lying. . ." 

"No" the guy in charge, or so you assumed stood there. "Its the year 2008, Steven Rogers crashed into the Ice in 1945, not long after his dear friend, James Bucky Barnes fell off a train." He paused as he watched your mind racing. 

"No no he. . ."

"You went on a mission and never came back either." 

"No but I'm here I. . ." The man got out his phone, it was tiny, in his hand, portable, like something Howard would have wanted to invent. 2008 was on the top. "what is this?" You step back. What, what have you done with James?" 

"He's dead, they're all dead." You look around the room, you see the chamber, the one you'd fallen out of, the based was old, really old. Memories flood you, you got caught, you. . . you'd ben in the ice for 63 years. You look at your hands glowing. 

"There we are. .  now. . . shall we."

"James is. .  dead?" the others all look at you, the leader rolling his eyes. 

"Yes, he fell to his death." You nod slowly, taking it all in before your body can't handle the emotion any more, you break down, crying, you're kneeling, a screeching cry coming from you so harrowing some of the group consider running, turning back on the idea.