Chapter One

"I don't understand why I can't go? I thought I'd lost you once already, I'm not loosing you again." 

"You won't loose me, its a solid plan, two teams, two hydra bases left you take one and we'll take the train. Then we can end this war and go home. I'll always come back to you." 

"I don't like it." 

"We need a superhero on both teams." 

"I'm not a hero, if anyone is it's you, it's the men laying down their lives everyday while I prat around being invisible." 

"You saved lives. You saved mine." 

"Y/N?" You're pulled out of the day dream as you stare out the window. You turn round to see Natasha. "We're needed. Hostage situation." 

"I'll suit up" 

"And collect Steve" Nat added gratefully "are you alright?" 

"Of course I am" You beam, changing the mood you had just been in and the thoughts that had clouded your head, even more so in the last two years. 

"Great!" As you change into your suit, a dark scarlet and black ensemble made by Stark to help turn invisible as you do and support your powers. It was new, a new colour, you couldn't wear blue anymore. You head to HQ's garage and hop into one of the cars, driving through the city to find Steve. 

"Hey boys" You call as you spot Steve talking to someone you'd not met before "anyone know where the Smithsonian is, I'm here to collect a fossil." You smirk causing the other man to chuckle, he looked a little starstruck. Steve just shook his head.

"Funny" He got into the car and gave you a kiss. "Hey" he smiles warmly. "You can't run everywhere" he looks at the other guy as he says this through the open window. 

"No, no you can't" he replies smiling. You wave as you wind up the window and drive back. 

"We have twenty minutes" you say "Rumlow and his team are going to brief us on the way." Steve watches as you drive past the exit to the flat you're both living in. 

"My suit's in the bedroom." 

"No its not" you say motioning to the back seat. 

"What the hell would I do without you?" He says squeezing your leg affectionally. 

"Probably be heading into battle naked" you add playfully earning an embarrassed shake of the head from Steve "I'm sure there's a lot of people that wouldn't mind seeing America's ass though" You shrug with a gleam of happiness about you. 

"You mean Miss America's ass" He adds just as playful. 

"Miss America. . ." You say nostalgically "no ones called me that in a long long time." You look at him both your eyes swimming with the past, with emotion. "Here we are, home sweet home" you jest. Neither of you feeling like you'd really lived a life outside of SHEILD since, well since you'd come back to life really. 

 . . . . 

You're listening to the brief of the situation by Brock and his strike team as you fly over the Indian Ocean.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Steve asks.

"A billion and a half."

"Why so steep?" He questions Rumlow. 

"Because it SHIELD's."