Chapter Three

. . . MEANWHILE. . . 

Pierce is in his kitchen, getting a drink when he spots the Winter Soldier sat at his kitchen table, in the dark, light just across his face, illuminating his eyes only. Cold, Icy. Pierce spots the gun on his table. His attention drifting only slightly as his housekeeper calls out. 

 "I'm going to go, Mr. Pierce. You need anything before I leave?"

"No." His eyes still on the soldier, he tried to recover himself "Uh...it's fine, Renata, you can go home."

"Okay, night-night." the door closes. 

"Want some milk?"He gets no reply, just the ice cold stare of the Winter Soldier, the stare that most people see right before they die. "The timetable has moved. Our window is limited. Three targets, Level Six." He says as he poors himself a glass of milk, going the soldier at the table. "They already cost me Zola." He says annoyed "I want confirmed death in ten hours." Just then Renata enters the kitchen. 

"Sorry, Mr. Pierce, I. . . " She panics as she see the soldier "I forgot my phone.

"Oh, Renata. I wish you would have knocked." Pierce picks up the gun from the table and shoots and kills her. 

. . . .  Back to Normal POV Nat and Steve. . . .

"Hey, man." Sam opens the door to find, Natasha and Steve standing there, you in his arms still out. 

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low."

"Shit is she ok?"

"She will be" Natasha says answering Sam as he lets you guys in. "But everyone we know is trying to kill us." 

"Not everyone." He replies, showing Steve to the bedroom to lay you down. 

. . . 

"You okay?" Steve asks Nat as they both clean themselves up, siting nearby to you. 

"Yeah."

"What's going on?"

Nat sighs "When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore."

"Yes, you purposely chose to move to HYDRA" Steve shakes his head. 

"I owe you, I owe Y/N." 

"It's okay." Steve says "you know she would save your life without a second thought." He looks at you as does Nat.

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save her life, and you be honest with me, would she trust me to do it?"

"She would, we both would now. And I'm always honest."

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing."

"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting."

"I made breakfast." Sam appears at the doorway "If you guys...eat that sort of thing." He ponders making the two chuckle. "You sure she's ok?" 

"Yeah" Steve goes to kiss the top of your head but stops, kisses your lips lightly instead before following the others. Nat frowns at the interaction but gets no explanation from Steve as they head to the kitchen.