Chapter Sixteen

. . . . Meanwhile with the others. . . . . .

Tony walks into a chamber surrounded by large, bared windows. Beyond the windows are a number of prison cells he looks around and then hears a clapping. 

"The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not." Clint calls out. 

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'll put you here. Come on." 

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony" He spits.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This is a place for . . ." 

"Criminals?" He goes closer to the door for Tony to see him "Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for." He eyes Tony through the bars. "Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Y/N. . . or any os us."

"Because you broke the law."

 "Yeah." 

 "I didn't make you." 

"La, la, la, la, la . . ." Clint began to sing as Tony tired to talk to him. 

"Alright, you're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" He begins to walk away. 

"You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it" 

"Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark." 

"Who are you?" Tony looks at Scott. 

"Come on, man."

"How's Rhodes?" Sam walks up to his cell window to talk to Tony. 

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow. So . . . fingers cross."  Sam shakes his head. "What do you need? They feed you yet?"  Sam  raises his eyebrows.

"You're the good cop now?" 

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve and Y/N went." 

"Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me." Theres a flicking in the power, Sam looks at Tony confused. 

"Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment. Just look. Because that is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes." He shoes a holographic image of Doctor Broussard. "Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong." 

"That's a first" 

"Cap and his missus are definitely off the reservation but they're about to need all the help they can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..." 

"Hey, it's alright." Sam says as Tony leans closer to the window. Sam sighs and looks uneasy. "Look, I'll tell you... but you have to go alone and as their friend.I think Y/N would kill you if your hurt him." 

 . . . .

Steve brings his Quinjet into land besides Zemo's caterpillar truck on the remote icy mountain top.  Bucky pulls out rack of guns labeled 'Romanoff'. He takes a light machine gun. You look at her name and sigh, hoping she was ok. You join Steve and Bucky waiting for the exit ramp to open. 

"He can't have been here more than a few hours" Steve says as you all finally walk out of the jet. 

"Long enough to wake them up." Steve leads you all into the  bunker, you  travel down into the inside a caged elevator, heading down to the deepest depths of the, bunker until the doors slide open. Steve nods to you, you lift up the cage door, Steve readying his shield as Bucky readies his  machine gun and they walk along a corridor, keeping close to a wall. You join them, slowly quietly you look into rooms before hearing a sound thud.