Chapter Eight

Just as Loki's sceptre releases a blast towards and old man, Steve lands blocking the blast with hi shield knocking Loki to the ground. 

"You know, the last time we were in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

"The soldier. A man out of time." Loki says with a sinister laugh as he stands, you fly down next to Steve. 

"He's not the one who's out of time." You glare a Loki who give you a look. The Quinjet arrives behind you, guns pointing at Loki, Natasha's voice booms through the microphone. 

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Like a deep blue blast of lightning, Loki sends a blast at the Quinjet at Natasha who manoeuvres it just in time. Steve uses this distraction to throw his shield at Loki. Loki, but he sends two of his projections your way, they toy with you, you fight with them until you see Loki throw Steve to the ground, destroy one of Loki's illusions with your magic, he flinches glaring at you before pushing his sceptre at Steve's head. 

"Watch as I make him kneel."

"You know that sounds more saucy than threatening" you wink at Loki before you use your powers to give yourself a jump off the ground and kick him in the chest. He grabs your leg on the way down and you tussle, Cap grabs his shield but before you are able to make a move, you all get distracted by the sound of 'music coming though the air. Tony flies over in his Iron Man suit and blasts Loki right back to the ground. Iron Man touches down. A super hero landing, you then watch as he opens all artillery at him as he stands.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games." You stand dusting yourself off amused at the nickname. Loki puts up his hands and surrenders. His armour materialises away as he reveals his usual Asgardian clothes. 

"Good move." Tony says, he puts his armour away. 

"Mr. Stark."

"Captain."

"You good to get him secure Matrix?" you look at him confused "wow you're old" You frown and then shrug, you made a note to use, what was it, Google later to find out what that meant. 

You use your powers to bind Loki as you take him up to the Quinjet, you all board and head back to the helicarrier. You watches the sky as Natasha flies you all back. The thunder really starts to crack and rumble across the sky. You have one hand glowing keeping the spell on Loki. You lean over to Steve. 

"I don't like it." You frown. 

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony also hears and turn to look at you, his helmet open, you look at his face. Howard. 

"She's right, there's something off here." Steve egress with you. 

"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop." You add the last bit, alarmed at how impressed you were. 

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older gal. What's your thing? Pilates?"

"Excuse me?" You turn back to Tony. 

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things." 

"You being rude to her on purpose?" Steve glares at Tony. 

"No, I mean you too, you know, you'll have missed stuff to during your time as a Capsicle." 

"You know, Mr Stark . . ." you say with a slight contemptuous smile "Fury didn't tell us he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." He adds, you glare but its a curious look, what did he know that you didn't? The thunder and now lightening continue, but this time the lightning is strong, aggressive and nearly hits the jet, you all wobbly as it shakes.