(See, I know everything, I heard Tayi ammi and Zara appi's talk, you're here to talk those things too right? I'm already traumatized, not again)

"Kya matlab hai tumhara? Aise dusro ki baatein sunti ho?" Her mother asked, ready to twist her ear.
(What do you mean? You eavesdrop of other's conversations?)

"Wo to humne galti se sun li, hum Mau ko dhoond te waqt Zara appi ke bed ke neeche fass gaye the aur baaki to aap jaanti hi hain." She shrugged.

(I heard those things by mistake, while trying to find Mau, I got stuck under Zara appi's bed and you know the rest)

"Nikammi, bewakoof aur nihaayati besharam-"

(Useless, stupid and extremely shameless-)

"Baatein thi wo, maante hain hum, arey issey accha to koi novel maang lete humse, hume sab pata hai, aise Appi ko embarrass karne ki kya zarurat thi, haina Ammi?" She asked.

(Talks they were, I agree, she should've asked for a novel from me, I know everything, she didn't have to embarrass Appi like that, right Ammi?)

"Novel? Kaisi wahiyaat books padhne lagi ho tum?" Aiza got up, searching for her books, unknown to her, Ariha read the said wahiyaat books on her phone only, not on a physical copy.

(Novel? What kind of ridiculous books do you read?)

"Arey woh to..." She laughed nervously, wanting to kill herself for having such a big mouth, "Mazaak tha Ammi." She stepped back.
(Oh um that..) (that was a joke Ammi)

"Aaj se tumhare kitaabe khareedna ekdam band!" Her mother declared, "Ek paisa nahi dena maine tumhe."
(You're not allowed to buy books anymore!) (I won't give you a single rupee.)

"Jaayein aap, hum Abbu se paise le lenge." She showed her tongue to her mother. (I'll ask from Abbu)

"Dekhu to mai bhi kaise dete hain wo tumhe ek footi kaudi bhi." Aiza replied, narrowing her eyes, and stepping closer to Ariha. (I'll see how he gives you a single penny.)

"Hum apne shauhar se le lenge, huh...Zavi bh- jaan." She ran out of her room, towards Zaviyar's room.
(I'll ask from my husband, huh, Zavi bh- jaan)

"Ariha, waapas aao idhar!" Her mother yelled after her but she was already knocking on his door. (Ariha, come back here)

When no one answered the door, her knocking turned into a tabla session until he opened the door, an annoyed look present on his face that soon softened as he looked at her.

"Hum andar aa jayein?" She asked, looking down at her feet to see Mau trying to crawl up to her. (Can I come in?)

Knowing that even if he said no, she would enter the room, he stepped aside, leaving the door wide open as she took a seat on his bed, her cat jumping around the room.

"Kahiye."
(Yes.)

"Wo...humne suna ki..." She played with her dupatta, trying not to blush. (Um.. I've heard that..)

He knew where this conversation was going, taking a seat on the chair he was previously sitting on, he waited for her to continue.

"Aap hume books khareedne ke paise to denge na?" She asked, remembering why she came here all of a sudden. (You'll give me money to buy books right?)

A snicker escaped him, "Aapko padhai karne ko kaun rok raha hai?" He asked.
(Who's stopping you from studying?)

"Padhai?" She frowned, "Arey wo nahi na bha- Jaan, romance books! Ammi ne to ban laga dia." She muttered sadly.
(Studying?) (Oh no, not that kind of books, romance books! Ammi put a ban on it!)

"You can call me by my name." He cleared his throat.

"Naam? Aise kaise hum aapka naam le lein? Nahi nahi." She shook her head, "Aap ye batayein na-"

(Name? How can I take your name? No no) (you tell me-)

"Fine, yes, you can buy as many books as you want." He sighed.

"Thankyou! Aap boht ache hain!" She stood up to hug him but his expression stopped her, "Nikkah ke baad hume yaad dilana, aapko gale lagana hai!" She said excitedly.

(Thankyou, you're so nice!) (Remind me to hug you after marriage!)

"Ariha."

"Yes?"

"You know what marriage means right?" He asked.

"Ofcourse I do, when two people are tied in a-"

"I'm not asking for a definition Ariha, you can't turn back once we're married, there's no way out, you've said yes after considering everything, right?" He asked.

"I know it's not a game." She scowled.

"Right. You're sure you want to marry me? No one's pressurizing you to say yes, are they? You can talk to me." He said.

"Aap aise kyun keh rahe hain?" She asked.
(Why are you saying it like that?)

"Yes or no? It won't be easy after marrying me Ari, people will always talk, about our relationship...our age gap, you, me...people love to talk-"

"Haan to hum unse jyada bol lenge, dekhna aap, I'll out-talk them, kuch nahi keh payega koi hume." She interrupted.
(Then I'll talk more than them, you'll see, I'll out talk them, no one will be able to say anything)

"I know." He whispered under his breath.

"Aapko to kisi ne force nahi kia na? Kahin baad me aap apni mashuqa se dusra nikkah kar lein, dekhein hume share karna bilkul pasand nahi hai, koi aur hai to pehle bata dein, hume dusri biwi bilkul qubool nahi hai." She told him.

(No one forced you right? Sometime later on, you will marry your lover in your second marriage, I don't like to share at all, if there's someone else then tell me beforehand itself, I won't accept a second wife)

"You think I'll do that to you?" He asked.

"Ab aise romantic baatein na karein humse." She covered her face with her hands, "Hum sharma jaate hain."
(Don't say romantic things to ne, I feel shy)

"Haan hai aapki? Apni marzi se?" He asked. (It's a yes from your side? With your consent?)

"Ji haan." She smiled shyly under her hands, before running out of his room. (Yes)

+++