The Bakery and the Vandal

"Mama, you should be taking this more seriously!"

Naomi and Will stared at the side of their little bakery. The bakery itself was on the first floor, while they lived in the two story apartment built on top of it. There was a side door used to enter the apartment part of the building, which is how Will found the graffiti spray painted on the side of the place. He alerted his mom not a second later, yet he was confused as to why she seemed so unbothered.

"I am taking this seriously, Sunshine." Naomi stepped back to admire the work painted on their previously bare wall. Will could admit that it wasn't bad per say. It was a very detailed drawing of a cupcake among other pastries from their shop. Chocolate cakes with fluffy looking frosting and macaroons in every color. It was impressive how real it looked.

 It was impressive how real it looked

(The art outside the bakery^)

"This mystery artist has a lot of talent. Look at the detail on the frosting, Will! It looks just like the ones on display."

Will sighed. "Ma, it may be nice but it's still vandalism. Aren't you a little concerned about this??"

Naomi smiled and put a hand around her son's shoulder. "Darling, it's not that bad. I mean, at least they stayed on brand with the bakery. But, if it really bothers you oh so much, I'll report it tomorrow, m'kay?"

Will huffed. "Fine."

Satisfied, Naomi retreated back inside to close up the bakery. Will stared at the artwork some more. He wanted to know who the artist was. He didn't consider himself some crazy rule follower, but his mother worked very hard to afford to buy this building. He refused to let some vandal deface it. Will was about to join his mother inside when something caught his eye. Down in the bottom corner of the art was a signature.

𝓣𝓱𝓮_𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽_𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰

Will made a mental note to research this 'Ghost King' later and disappeared inside.

...

True to his word, Will spent the night looking for the guy that graffitied his home. Yet he couldn't find Mr. Ghost on any social apps. No Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Twitter, nothing. Will even checked FaceBook for this guy! He went to sleep frustrated.

But he was even more frustrated when the wall outside was different.

Somehow, while Will was awake, the vandal had snuck over to the bakery, created another masterpiece, and left. 

Will stared at the wall, mouth agape, while his mom was still all smiles.

"Aw, this one is cute! Isn't that the little character you always play as in that Mario game?"

Will nodded slowly. The graffiti this time was art of King Boo.

Aka, the King of Ghost.

A Ghost King, if you will.