Mortals Meet

Always wanted to write a mortals meet solangelo so here we go

...

Hi. My name is Brian Smith and, up until a few days ago, I thought I was a normal kid.

I was proven wrong when I met Will Solace and Nico Di Angelo

But I'll start at the beginning.

I grew up with my Dad. That's it. No one else. I never knew who my mom was. Whenever I asked about her, Dad would just clam up and get all quiet. He's only told me bits and pieces of information on her. Like how she had long, blond hair - the same color as wheat, and her favorite color was green. I'm not sure if she died or left after giving birth to me but whatever the case, I know it pains my dad to talk about. So I swore to never bring her up again.

Then I started school, and all the weird things kept happening.

It began with my second grade teacher. I recalled how he'd always be wearing a big, baggy hat everyday. One day during lunch, I went back to my classroom to get something and caught him without the hat for a change. His hair was a mess, but more importantly, it looked like he had horns. I tried telling my dad about this, but he just denied it. Said I was seeing things.

Of course, there were other things. Like these cheerleaders I saw at my middle school who seemed to have one metal leg each. Or the time I could've sworn I saw a girl with blonde hair disappear after putting on her hat. But none was weirder than what happened today at my new school.

I was only a freshmen in high school, and boy did it take a lot to get here. My dyslexia paired with the fact I always seem to caused trouble meant I was at a new school almost ever year. I wanted to make my dad proud by staying in this one longer.

Then I walked right into someone.

I hadn't even seen the boy. It was like he materialized out of nowhere. The force managed to knock us both back onto the floor, pencils and notepads spilling everywhere.

"Hey! Watch it, stupido- oh. It's you." The boy said.

I raised a brow, collecting my things. "What do you mean, 'it's me'. Do I know you?"

The boy didn't respond, just getting up and walking away.

"Hello? You didn't answer my question!"

He rounded the corner and was gone.

Weird, I thought. But I had no time to ponder the whereabouts of some random kid. I had to get to class after all.

I got there just before the bell rang. The teacher sat down to take attendance while everyone chatted with their neighbor. I had found a seat in the back right corner of the room, so I looked to my left to see who I sat next to.

It was a boy who looked around my age. He had the blondest hair I've ever seen, as yellow as the sun. Speaking of, his eyes were a brilliant sky blue and he had a perfect tan. Not the kind you get sprayed on at the mall, but the kind you earn from being out in the sun all day. I wouldn't be surprised if this kid said he was created from sunlight or something.

He caught my eye and beamed. "Hi. I'm Will. What's your name?"

"Oh uh, Brian."

Will's smile fell for a moment, but he replaced it almost immediately. "Cool! You're new here, right? 

I nodded, and Will went continued rambling to me about how much I'd like it here. I was only really half listening, my mind wandering elsewhere. I hardly noticed that Will had stopped talking until he called my name. I flushed.