Fifty one. Closer to doomsday

Start from the beginning

"Did Stiles tell his dad?" Natalie turns to Kaitlin who was zoned out, staring at the floor with her arms crossed. When no one answered, she looked up, noticing the three sets of eyes on her. "What? Oh, uhm...I think so I don't know"

"Have you not talked to him?" Isaac stared at her wearily, curiosity filling him. Kaitlin shrugged and shook her head. "No?"

Truth be told, since that night kaitlin had been avoiding Stiles. She felt a mix on uncertainty and embarrassment about that night and the confession she had let slip. She didn't know if she regretted telling him about her past. On one hand she felt relief, finally someone knew about the torment she'd endured at the hands of a man who was supposed to love her. And on the other, she felt guilt. Guilt for subjecting Stiles to something so horrid and sad. Her mind ran with an array of what ifs

What if he looked at me different
What if he told someone
What if he just didn't care...

Now, the sensible part of Kaitlin's brain knew better, Stiles cared, he cared a hell of a lot. She knew he'd be her guiding light till she faded from time, she knew she could count on him more than anyone.

But Kaitlin Jones was a doomsday scenario type of person.

"I'm sure the sheriff will find out sooner or later anyway..." Kodin filled the silence with hope. "We just need to wait and see what Scott wants to do"

"Yeah...Scott will know what to do" Isaac mutters, glancing at Kaitlin.

The witch sighs, shaking her head and grabbing her keys "I've got to get to practice, I'll see you guys later, by mom love you"

"Love you too, hun"

☽༓☾

"60 million dollars is a lot of money, Scott" Isaac whispered "it's only a matter of time before some money hungry, professional killer comes for them"

"I know" Scott sighed from his place beside Stiles, Kira and Lydia. The five teens were stood at Isaac's locker, Isaac had brought forward the topic of telling the twins about the deadpool.

"The twins are on high alert already, Isaac, they're being safe, doing everything they can to stay away from danger" Lydia kept her voice quiet, as to not catch the attention of unwanted listeners

"30 million dollars each. That's how much they're worth. That's more than anyone on that stupid list, they're Hybrids for gods sake" Stiles sighed, for once he was agreeing with Isaac.

"We promised Natalie that we'd let her tell them, we show them the list, they find out about Peter"

"Why can't we just tell them and not show them the list?" Kira spoke up, looking around wearily.

"You think Kaitlin's gonna not want to look at it?" Scott questioned "Kodin would probably be fine, but Katie?"

"He's right" Stiles groaned softly "she's gonna want to see it. I've already had to lie to her when she was in my house the other day"

"Why?" Isaac asked

"She came into my room and saw my investigation board and noticed the empty spot where the list was. I told her I gave it to my dad so he could look over it" Stiles rubbed his temple roughly. "I hate this"