Chapter Thirty-Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I don't know. They just show up from time to time and—"

"Time to time?" he interrupted, his brows furrowed. "Wait, how long has this been going on?"

Isabella was aware that he wasn't going to like her response.

"The day after you told me about your past," she murmured, hesitant as she took in Aiden's reaction—he was in shock.

"What? This has been going on for months? Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, his eyes wide and his mouth agape.

"I don't know. I thought they would go away, but the voices would always say hurtful things to make me feel bad about myself. They even told me to take those pills to kill myself, and I listened to them."

This problem had been going on for months and now Aiden was finding out that these voices convinced her to kill herself. He didn't know what to do.

"They did? Do you actually hear them talking to you?"

"Yes, and I can't get them out!" Isabella shouted. "All this shit is happening all at once and I can't take it!" she raved to no one in particular; she was talking to herself while breathing rapidly.

Aiden didn't know how she had handled this alone. He stepped towards her and held onto her shoulders, so she would look at him.

"Bella, calm down. You need to breathe. Breathe," he ordered before modeling the small breathing exercise for Isabella to copy.

Isabella slowly inhaled and exhaled a few times to lower her stress level. Once she had calmed down, she stared at Aiden, frowning.

"I'm going crazy right now."

"No, no, you're not. Stop saying that." He rubbed her upper arms to help her relax under his touch, and it worked as she didn't feel so uptight anymore.

"Here's what I want you to do. I want you to go to my room, and I want you to sleep. You're going to sleep in my bed because you need to rest. Okay?"

Isabella knew he wouldn't take no for an answer and she didn't feel like arguing, so she just nodded.

"Good, we'll talk about this more when you wake up." Aiden turned her around, facing the stairs, and gave her a slight push.

She trudged towards the stairs and went up to his bedroom. She entered his room and followed Aiden's order by taking his bed. She slipped off her shoes, whipped the blanket off, and got under the covers.

She adjusted herself as she tucked herself in and laid on her side.

She didn't know who could sleep at a time like this, especially after telling Aiden about the voices in her head. She finally had the courage to tell him after her accidental outburst.

She was embarrassed telling him the truth as she had experienced another difficult situation in her life. Things weren't going well for Isabella; she hated getting people involved in something she couldn't handle herself.

After a while, she closed her eyes and was out to sleep.

꧁ ༄ ꧂

Isabella fluttered her eyes open after a few hours of sleep. She rubbed her eyes to get rid of the drowsiness and looked out the window to see that it was dark outside.

She sat up and got off the bed, exiting the bedroom to find the hallway lights on. Some voices from downstairs grabbed her attention. She took a few steps towards the railing and saw Aiden and Nicole sitting on the couch, having a heated discussion.