"Pehle wo...haan, wo bada wala patthar utha kar dikhayen." She pointed to the heavy rock in the corner.
(First you..yes, show me that you can pick up that huge rock!)

"Are you coming down or not?" He asked.

"Pehle wo-"

"Theek hai, baithe raho wahan daayan ki tarah, raat me apni daayan saheliyon ke saath khelna." He started to walk away.
(Fine, stay there like a Witch, play with your witch friends at night!)

"Bhaijaan!" She cried, watching him go, "Acha theek hai, kood rahe hain!" She yelled loudly. She watched him as he walked back to where he was standing a while ago, "kahin se ladder dhoond laayein na please." She said.

(Fine! I'll jump!) (Please find a ladder from somewhere.)

"You know it broke last month." He reminded her.

"Tabhi toh keh rahein hai ki kahin aur se dhoond laayein!" She scoffed. (That's why I said from 'somewhere')

"I don't have all day, Ariha, I'll count till three and if you don't Jump, I'll leave." He warned, proceeding to count but she didn't wait, jumping on the first count only.

A loud scream left her throat as she jumped, he was quick to catch her.

"Zinda hain hum?" She asked, not opening her eyes, she was busy thanking God while he was trying to calm his heart down. (I'm alive?)

It was the first time she was this close to him, he feared his super fast heartbeat would give what he was feeling away.

"Humne socha nahi tha aapki body itni hard hogi." She muttered, patting his biceps before swiftly stealing his sunglasses.
(I didn't think that you'll have a hard body)

Clearing his throat, he left her, making a respectful distance between them.

"Care to tell me now? Why did you climb the tree when you know you can't get down?" He asked sternly.

"Woh, hum badminton khel rahe the or woh chidi wahan atak gayi, humari nayi chappal aur racket bhi chala gaya tha wahan-"

(Um, we were playing badminton and the shuttlecock got stuck there, my new slippers and the racket too stuck there-)

"Really? Aapki chappal aur racket me bhi pankh hain?" He asked. (Really? Your slipper and the racket has wings too?)

"Aisa humne kab kaha?" She frowned, "Woh toh Ayaan bhaijaan ne fenke the aur phir unhone-"

(When did I say that?) (Ayaan bhaijaan threw them and then he-)

"Kaha ki aap ped par chadhein aur aap ek obedient bandariya ki tarah chadh gayin?" He asked.
(Asked you to climb the tree and like an obedient monkey, you climbed the tree?)

"Haan- Nahi, aap hume bandar keh rahe hain?" She asked, keeping both of her hands on her waist.
(Yes- no, you're calling me a monkey?)

"Bandariya, yes." He nodded. (A female monkey, yes.)

"Dekhein, aap bade hain isliye kuch nahi keh rahe hum, humari Ammi ne sikhaya hai ki bade-budhe logon se tameez se baat karte hain warna-"

(Listen, just because your older, I'm not saying anything, my Ammi taught me to talk to elders nicely or else-)

"Budhe? Excuse me?"

"Not excused, aapne hume bandariya kaha? Hum taya abbu ko batayenge aur tayi ammi ko bhi, fir dekhna aap, aap humse budhe- bade ho toh kya kuch bhi bologe?" She asked, storming away from there.