CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5: Dance with him and then dump him like a bratty Cinderella

Chuuya knows that following Lucy and Higuchi's advice will always result in chaos. And as what they've planned, the cruise ship vacation will take place now, and he doesn't even have an idea of what will possibly happen since Higuchi keeps on telling him that it's better to not know anything to avoid getting spoiled by the plot twist.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Well, anyway, he's slumped on the passenger's seat with his arms crossed. It's still around 3:30 am, and Verlaine's driving the car towards the meeting place. The place in question is quite far from Yokohama, and they've been driving for hours now. They need to be early. Chuuya's wearing his red turtleneck with long sleeves with his hair tied in a bun, and his eyes are droopy. Thankfully, he wasn't the one driving right now. He yawned with a frown on his face.

"You look like you've just recovered from vampirism, Chuuya. What's the matter?" Verlaine asked to lighten the atmosphere inside the car but Chuuya just groaned in response.

First, he wasn't able to sleep at all last night so he's very sleepy and tired right now. Second, he hates vampires. If he were to exist in another universe only to turn into a vampire, he would definitely kill whoever turned him into that species and kiss the gay villain who planned to drown him with a rat. Third, he wasn't able to drink coffee earlier so he's in a slightly bad mood. Beware, children. Always drink your coffee to stay sane.

"Did you just tell the children to drink coffee in your monologue?" Verlaine asked again, and Chuuya's eyes narrowed down.

They've got to be prepared for this life's misery, and a drop of coffee can help them with that."

"They're kids. They're not supposed to drink coffee at their age."

Chuuya raises his eyebrows, "I drank lots of espresso when I was a fetus."

"That's—"

"Without sugar. Pure coffee beans as our mother's breast feed."

Verlaine's jaw dropped, but he later on pressed his lips together to not use gravity and kill his brother's friends— I mean, he kept himself calm all throughout the drive. Chuuya's responses are becoming more and more ooc, what the hell is wrong with the writer of this fic? Anyway, it is probably Dazai's influence on his brother. Those two seem really close, and Verlaine knows he won't be surprised if the two would team up to kill him and Rimbaud in the future.

He sighs when Fifteen and Stormbringer flashback memories start to fill his mind.

Chuuya looks at his brother, and he blinks curiously when he sees how Verlaine's looking pale. He just ignores that and gazes out the window instead for a more dramatic vibe. The city lights are like fireflies in the darkness. It's a little misty, too. The silent and cold road looks hollow. Chuuya sighs and closes his eyes. He's really sleepy.

He wasn't able to sleep at all earlier since Dazai keeps sending him cringe-worthy memes. Mostly Dostoeggsky memes but whatever. After he went home from Arahabaki Cafe, he started packing his luggage for the week-long trip. After a while, his phone keeps on vibrating as it keeps on receiving messages from an unknown number. Of course, upon checking those messages, what Chuuya saw were nonsense memes.