CHAPTER 3.4

CHAPTER 3.4: Double Fucking Trouble

The movie went great. Except for the fact that Chuuya gets the unfortunate event of sitting next to Dazai. Verlaine and Rimbaud are silently watching the movie but Chuuya can't truly focus on the movie since Dazai is stealing his popcorn! The brunette has his own snacks but he keeps on eating Chuuya's food which makes Chuuya glare at him.

"Stop stealing my food, Shitty Dazai." Chuuya whispers in an angry tone. He can't fully bicker with Dazai here since he doesn't want to disturb the other viewers.

Dazai suddenly steals the popcorn again before popping it into his mouth with a small smile, "Make me." Dazai whispers back stubbornly and it makes Chuuya's teeth grit in anger.

The movie continues with Dazai still eating Chuuya's popcorn. Even when Chuuya's shoving his hands away, the brunette eats it nonetheless. He tried doing things like distancing his food but Dazai always finds a way to sneak and eat some. Chuuya's annoyance rises to the highest level but he doesn't want to bicker here to avoid disturbing the other movie watchers so with anger, he pinches Dazai's side making the brunette yelp. Verlaine and Rimbaud give them a 'what-the-fuck' glance after. Chuuya groans as nothing really works to make Dazai stop being a menace.

That's when an idea comes into his mind.

When Dazai's hand is about to steal his popcorn again, Chuuya immediately holds Dazai's hands, intertwining it in order to prevent it from getting the popcorn and moving further. He feels Dazai freeze beside him and Chuuya smirks as he holds Dazai's hands tighter. Just to clarify things here, he's holding Dazai's hands NOT because he wants to hold it and it's warm, but because he's protecting his popcorn. Every popcorn lives matter, and Chuuya's a firm believer of that. Dazai didn't seem to mind because he just let their hands intertwined and he's not stealing any popcorn again.

Good grief, finally.

Chuuya smiles triumphantly. He finally protected his snacks although it comes with a cause of holding Dazai's hands and— oh. Oh... wait. Chotto matte. Wait a fucking minute.

He's holding Dazai's hands?

Everything finally sinks in and his cheeks suddenly feel warm, even warmer when Dazai squeezes his hands softly with a small lopsided smirk, eyes still focused on the screen. Chuuya's eyes widened and he immediately tried to pull his hands away from being intertwined but Dazai held his hands tighter. It makes Chuuya's entire body pause and his heart beat in riot once again. What the fuuuuuuuuuuck?

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"O-oi, what the fuck? Let go of my hand, shitty Dazai." Chuuya whispers and he's thankful that it is darm in the cinema right now. His heart won't handle it if Dazai would start teasing him about why his face is starting to resemble a tomato.

"Face the consequences of your actions, Chibi." Dazai whispered softly as he didn't let go of Chuuya's hands. His voice is very gentle and soothing— enough for Chuuya to feel an odd tingling electricity running down his spine.