CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2.1: Bond with someone else in Dazai's scope of sight.

"Chuuya!" Higuchi exclaimed from behind and it makes the redhead look at her with a normal expression while he's arranging some cups. Higuchi has the widest smile plastered on her face and instantly, Chuuya can feel that something is about to happen again.

"What?"

"I realized that in order to bloom our business and make Dazai jealous, we should add a new promo in our cafe! It will be mind blowing, I swear."

Chuuya just raised his eyebrows as he waited for Higuchi's next words. Lucy, who just finished cleaning all the tables for tonight before the shop closes, also walks towards the two and listens to the rest of Higuchi's suggestion. Chuuya continued to arrange the cups and waited but Higuchi didn't say anything after that.

"New promo? What is it?" Chuuya finally asked after a few seconds of waiting and the slightly creepy smile on Higuchi's face remained.

"We'll make an exclusive Pocky challenge week promo! Whoever wins will get free coffee but in order to participate in the challenge, they must order a minimum of three coffees for a day! What do you think, manager?" Higuchi's eyes are smiling and Lucy sighs a little as if she knows what will happen next.

Chuuya tilted his head to the side curiously. Pocky challenge? He doesn't know what exactly it is, but he knows what pocky sticks are. Maybe Higuchi is suggesting a challenge where the participants need to consume a lot of pocky sticks. Not bad, honestly. If it's for the business, then it can be considered.

"If it's only for a week, maybe we can try it out. I don't mind." Chuuya replied while nodding in agreement. It makes Higuchi's eyes brighten.

"You will certainly thank me tomorrow for this, Chuuya! I'm going to make your love life inflate real quick!" Higuchi hugs the redhead tightly before walking towards the kitchen to work on her final tasks on making sure everything is settled there. Chuuya shrugged and straightened up after finally arranging everything while Lucy is standing next to him. The woman is looking at Chuuya with a meaningful gaze.

These people are really supportive to all these shits.

"It's been a week since you started 'Operation Mackerel'. For that entire week, you've been flirting with Shirase and bickering with Dazai at the same time. I thought you'll ignore him? You should ignore him, aren't you? What about that plan to make him jealous?" Lucy asked and sat on an island chair beside Chuuya.

Chuuya stops to think for a while. Well, Lucy is right. It's been a week since he started doing Operation Number One. Actually, Shirase's been coming to the cafe regularly now and he's been Chuuya's subject to make Dazai jealous though it never really work. Shirase's really clueless with what's happening and Chuuya's thankful for that. He can't get the man involved in this consciously since it's just a pain in the ass explaining stuff.

Chuuya sighed calmly and leaned on his chair, too. He's been trying to find any hint of jealousy from Dazai these past few days but it always ended up with Dazai being extremely annoying. The 'Be sweet to other customers' never truly worked since Dazai didn't seem to give a shit about that at all.