Chapter 28 Preparing for a Great Gift

The departure of the third prince, Fei Junchen, did not attract much attention in the imperial capital. Wen Zisheng's life returned to his usual calm, and time moved forward unsteadily. Unknowingly, the leaves on the tree turned yellow and fluttered. It fell to the ground and spread into a thick layer.

When Yun Qing started to put the heater in the room, Wen Zisheng suddenly came to his senses, it turned out that it was already early winter. Unknowingly, it has been more than two months since the third prince left the imperial capital, counting the time, it is almost time.

Sure enough, a few days later, while having dinner, he suddenly heard Prime Minister Wen casually mentioning the matter of the third prince in the south of the Yangtze River.

The cold wind was blowing "huhu" outside the house, and there were charcoal stoves in the four corners of the house. When the third prince was traveling in the south of the Yangtze River, at a temple fair, the remnants of the previous group of bandits came down the mountain to take revenge. Fortunately, the third prince brought enough people with him so that the incident would not be so troublesome that it could not be ended." In order to retaliate, the group of

bandits He has already lost his humanity, and he almost kills anyone he sees, no matter the old, weak, sick or disabled, if the third prince is not there by chance, countless people's families may be destroyed.

Wen Zisheng paused the hand holding the chopsticks, turned to look at Wen Xiangye, just in time to meet Wen Xiangye's thoughtful eyes, he made a surprised expression just right, and said: " Didn't you say that all the bandits in the south of the Yangtze River have been wiped out by the Fifth Prince, so why are there still remnants?"

Wen Xiangye smiled lightly, and said, "What do you think, Shenger?"

Wen Zisheng avoided his father's gaze with a guilty conscience, He always felt that his father knew something, and couldn't help but sigh in his heart. Although he had lived a new life, compared with his father, an old fox, he was still far behind!

"Perhaps someone escaped from the bandits at that time, and the Fifth Prince didn't know about it?"

"This possibility cannot be ruled out." Prime Minister Wen smiled, gave him a sideways glance, and continued: "But because of this, the Holy Majesty Longyan was furious and punished the Fifth Prince on the spot in the court." Wen Zisheng smiled

resentfully After a pause, she didn't know how to answer the conversation. At this time, Mrs. Wen, who had been silent just now, suddenly put down the soup spoon and said lightly: "I'm full." Prime Minister Wen's attention was immediately diverted

, He looked at the half of the soup left in Mrs. Wen's bowl, and said worriedly, "Do you feel unwell after eating so little today?" Mrs. Wen ignored

him, picked up a handkerchief and wiped the corners of her mouth, then stood up and prepared to leave , Prime Minister Wen immediately stood up and followed Mrs. Wen away chattering.

Wen Zisheng breathed a sigh of relief. His father, who was as shrewd as an old fox, only changed when he faced his mother. Although his mother's temperament is a bit cold, she can see her affection for Prime Minister Wen from her words and deeds. Because he has seen too much of his parents' love, that's why he yearns for love so much.

Sighing lightly, he put down his chopsticks and stared at the dishes in front of him in a daze.

——In fact, he still believes in love, but he no longer believes that love will come to him.

At that time, Fei Junhao made him think that love was coming for his own selfish desire, but in the end sent him to the depths of hell. From the day he woke up again, he swore that in this life, he would definitely lose himself. He will get everything back, and let all those who have harmed him get corresponding retribution.

In the previous life, the remnants of the Jiangnan bandits were wiped out by the people secretly sent by Fei Junhao. He knew from the beginning that those bandits had accomplices, but in order to claim credit in front of the Holy One, he concealed this fact, falsely reported the results, and kept Send people to lurk there, just waiting for the bandits' accomplices to appear and wipe them out in one fell swoop.

In his previous life, he was indeed successful. As soon as those bandits' accomplices appeared, they were silently dealt with by the personnel he sent to lurk there. The Holy Majesty was completely unaware of such a thing. But in this life, with such a variable as Fei Junchen, Fei Junhao's plan still failed to come true in the end.

In the previous life, starting from the Jiangnan bandit incident, Fei Junhao has been making meritorious service in front of the Holy One, and therefore the Holy One's appreciation for Fei Junhao has become more and more obvious, which is also an indispensable part of his contribution to being able to ascend the throne.

There was a sudden noise outside, which abruptly pulled Wen Zisheng out of his thoughts and brought him back to reality. When he looked up, he saw Tian Wanxin walking in surrounded by servants, and he frowned unconsciously.

Some time ago, the old lady of the General's Mansion celebrated her 70th birthday. Even though Tian Wanxin was only the daughter of a concubine from a branch of the General's Mansion, she still wanted to go there to celebrate her birthday. This time, the old lady of the General's Mansion chose to hold the birthday banquet in their hometown. In a small town far away from the imperial capital, it took Tian Wanxin almost two months to go back and forth.

And he hadn't seen this person for so long that he almost forgot the existence of this person.

Before Tian Wanxin walked in, the expression on his face had been tidied up, and the corners of his lips were slightly raised with a smile of joy to greet him, "Why don't you tell Zisheng when my cousin comes back, so that Zisheng I'll pick you up!"

Tian Wanxin still had that gentle appearance, with a sweet and gentle smile, took Wen Zisheng's hand, and said affectionately, "Zisheng really has a cousin's heart, but it's cold outside, how can she be willing to let her go?" How about letting Zisheng wait outside?"

Wen Zisheng smiled, and withdrew his hand indiscriminately, "Cousin is coming back at this time, she hasn't eaten yet, right? Just right, let's go together."

Tian Wanxin glanced at the table There was a hint of displeasure in the eyes of the dishes served, but the smile on the face was even sweeter, "My cousin has already eaten on the way, and she is not hungry at the moment, but she is a little tired, and she wants to go back to her room to rest first." gone."

In the past, Wen Zisheng probably wouldn't have noticed these details, and even if he had, he would have thought that he had made a mistake. Tian Wanxin probably disliked that the dishes on the table had already been passive, so she refused.

He understood in his heart, but kept his face calm, Wen Zisheng said: "It's because Zisheng didn't think carefully, the cousin is exhausted, it is indeed hard work, then the cousin should go back to rest first, and tomorrow Risheng will go to find Tang Sister talk."

Tian Wanxin smiled slightly, responded with a few words casually, and then went back to the room surrounded by servants, Wen Zisheng looked at the direction where the group of people disappeared, and gradually a trace of coldness appeared on the corner of her mouth. smile.

It should be almost time, but he is carefully preparing a big gift for her.