Chapter 5

As soon as I opened the door to the field of my Shifting class, everyone looked my way.

Uh, weird.

My hearing is better than most wolves so everything that was whispered I heard.

"She rejected the alpha."

" She is such a bitch."

"He's too good for her anyway."

All these voices and comments swirled in my head.

Dammit nothing in this darn school stays a secret. Rumors spread around here faster than a prostitute does.

"You know I can hear you right? So you might as well just say it out loud." I snapped.

The shocked looks on their faces made me laugh internally. When I turned around I no longer heard the whispering. They know better now.

The thought of that made me smile.

My wolf jumped and I knew Kaden was somewhere around. I turned and saw him glaring at me.

Ugh. I hope this doesn't last the rest of class.

"Alright people, im going to split you into groups of two and we're going to practice some fighting techniques!"

"Over here I need Kaden Canyon, Trey Brantley, Britney Banks, Desirae Fenton.."

Oh no, me and Kaden were in the same group. Could this day get any worse? At least my bestie Trey was in my group. That would make it a lot easier to ignore him.

"Des, Des, DES!" Trey screamed.

"Omg, you're so embarrassing." I said.

"Ahh shutup." he whispered, but knowing I heard him anyway.

"Wait until I shift, all of y'all are gonna be like damn," he said with a confident look on his face.

"Whatever."

"Lets get started. We will shift one by one. Trey! You look ready. How about you start us off?" Our teacher shouted.

"Alright prepare to be amazed."

A few people laughed. He jumped in the air and shifted.

He was just a normal black wolf with deep brown eyes. Aww but he was so cute.

"Next!"

Kaden shifted into a silky black wolf with grey paws and he had green eyes.

Damn he was beautiful. I inwardly cursed myself for thinking that.

He looked my way and I couldn't help but look back. Our eyes stayed glued together for about ten seconds until I turned to watch Jessica shift into a beautiful dirty blonde wolf with black tips on her ears and tail.

She was so young but as soon as she hit puberty she shifted. Not fair. I had shifted late at the age of 16.

Show off.

The shifting continued on and on. When I was the last to shift, I was nervous.

"Desirae! Cmon we don't have all day."

Dammit.