Chapter 4

"Are you mentally unstable?! He's so perfect." Obviously my friend Anna is delirious.

Kaden Canyon is in no way, shape, or form perfect.

With his light brown eyes and his dark brown hair and.. ew!!!

What am I thinking?! I blame this whole stupid mate thing for my sickening thoughts of him.

Sucks to say it will continue. I am destined to love this person unconditionally and forever. Yet I despise his very being.

My wolf was desperate to be with him. I ignored her lonely howls though. I wasn't gonna be with him and that's final.

I looked towards the door and as if on que Kaden burst into the cafeteria with none other than Nicki Warren. The schools biggest slut.

He looked my way with a "I don't need you" facial expression. I got jealous and felt like I wanted to rip her fucking head off.

Gosh, I had just rejected and embarrassed him in front of everyone and here I am getting worked up about him and that prostitute.

"Are you gonna be okay Des?" I looked at Anna, confused.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"You look like you're about to murder someone."

I took a deep breath and calmed down. I was hurt, but I would never admit it.

"You know she's just a rebound right? He's just using her to get over the hurt you have caused him D."

All I could do is nod in agreement. As the big hand of the clock drifted closer to the six I got more and more nervous. I was dreading shifting class.

Just knowing I was gonna be in the same area as him made me feel a little sick to my stomach. It was gonna suck.

Me and Anna finished our lunch in silence.

Every once in a while I would look over at Kaden only to find he was staring lovingly at Nicki. Ugh.

Just looking at her makes me wanna vomit. As much as I hated her, I have to admit she is pretty.

For a human.

I had natural beauty while she had to pile tons if makeup on her face daily. It's sad, really.

She's the only human allowed in school because her parents are part of our pack.

Oddly enough she has never shifted. Maybe she's a late bloomer?

The bell rang for the beginning of the next class. I ran to my locker to grab my things and headed to the door leading to the field.

I stopped when I reached the door. Who knows what hell lies in the other side?

Well here goes nothing.

My chapters are a little short and I'm sorry :/. This is only my first book though (:. So comment, like, and keep reading.

Thanks