Chapter 21

Kaden's POV

I ran back home and hopped in the shower. I thought about Desirae the whole time. She hated me. Maybe I should really break the bond, she wouldn't care. But I didn't want to risk her dying. I couldn't live with the fact that I had killed my "mate."

Cold water began to sting my skin, signaling me to get out of the shower. I got out and put on a white v-neck, beige colored jeans, maroon vans, and a maroon leather jacket. I didn't need to look at my reflection cause I already knew I looked good.

My thoughts sauntered back to Desirae. Stubborn ass. She would still go out with that Kameron guy no matter what I said. I chuckled. Thinking about her made me smile. Downstairs I heard a few people already showing up, so I walked down the stairs and joined them.

Kaylee's POV

I found my mate!

I was in the Dillard's section of the mall with Jessica looking at dresses for Kaden's party tonight, when the most gorgeous guy came into the store. He had light brown hair and the most captivating clear blue eyes.

When he looked me in the eyes my whole world shifted. We drifted closer to each other until he grabbed my hands in his.

"MATE!!!" My wolf yelled. She surprised me with her sudden outburst.

"What is your name, beautiful lady?" His voice was music to my ears.

"Kay-Kaylee." I mentally slapped myself. He chuckled at my slight mishap.

"We're mates." The most gorgeous smile lit up his face.

"I know. I didn't think I would find my mate so quickly." I said, surprised. He looked me in the eyes and didn't stop even as Jessica yelled my name from across the store.

"KAYLEE!!!! I'm checking out. Come on!" She screamed.

"Uh, well I have to go. Will you be at Kaden's party tonight? All ages are welcome as long as you're 13 and up." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Yes I'm going, and I would be delighted if I could escort you there." I quickly nodded and looked him over once more before running towards Jessica.

"Oh, I'm Jackson by the way. He told me with a giant, sexy grin on his face.

"Cute name!" I shouted back to him. With one last look at me he turned and walked out of the store.

I couldn't help but think that i had a really good reason to dress nice tonight. A smile formed on my lips as I thought about it. I ran over to Jessica and purchased my outfit for tonight. She gave me a wide smile and a bone crushing hug, already knowing what had happened. We walked out of the store discussing our night.