Chapter 20

Desirae's POV

"I know you've liked him for so long and I understand. But there is no love like the love Kaden has for you. Remember that."

Jessica was being weird. She just wanted me to give everything to that ass. What did she mean by there is no love like the love Kaden has for me? I knew how the mate process was but that doesn't mean they will love you unconditionally forever. Look at my mom and dad. They loved each other, yes, but not enough to stay together. That's true but I also know that my mothers true mate was Tyson, my sister Vanessa's, real father and my fathers true mate was Madeline. So my theory was irrelevant.

I decided to call Kameron.

"Desirae." I heard the excitement in his voice.

"Hey." I faked enthusiasm.

"You ready for our date?"

"Yea, about that. Um, can you come get me at about nine something?" I was scared that he would be pissed.

"How come?" He questioned sounding serious.

"I changed my mind and I do wanna go to Kaden's party, but I have a few things to do before so I need some more time to get ready and all that." I heard him sigh on the other end and waited anxiously for his response.

"Yea, sure, that's fine with me. Just be ready at 9:45. Ill be there around then." I could hear the aggravation in his voice.

"Alright thanks. Ill see you later. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and got ready for the party later on. I put on a silky green dress with gold high heels. I did my hair in a high bun and applied a little bit of makeup, just enough to hide that I had been crying earlier. Looking at my reflection I sucked in a breath. I looked stunning. My slightly tanned skin went great with the silky green color of the dress and the light makeup made my chocolate brown eyes shine.

There was a knock on my door. It opened after I said "come in."

It was my mom.

"Oh baby you look absolutely beautiful." I could see she was holding back tears. Oh gah.

"Mom calm down. Its not like I'm getting married or something." I hugged her and rubbed her back.

"I know but you're just so beautiful to me." She sobbed.

"Can I ask you something, mom?" I was a bit skeptical but I needed answers from someone who knew what they were talking about.

"Sure, anything honey." I looked her straight in the eyes and asked her what it was like finding her mate and having their bond broken.

"It was the best day of my life. When I saw him everything in my life finally made since. I finally had a purpose to live. We fell in love and soon mated. Nessa came along shortly after, and your grandfather was so mad at me for getting pregnant at fifteen, but he understood what the bond could do."

She stopped for a while and held back some tears.

"A few months later he uh, he got into some trouble and had to go away forever." She started crying then and I held her close to me.

"Then what happened?" I tried not to rush her.

"After Nessa was born I took her to see him every weekend. I stopped taking her for a while because I had met Isaac's father, Tyrell, and had fallen in love. I knew I wanted to be with him so I asked Nessa's father if I could break the bond and he gave me permission. That was the worst decision I had ever made. The look in his eyes was enough to break my heart in two, but he understood that I just couldn't be alone for the rest of my life and I was only thinking about Nessa.

Oh Desirae it was horrible. It felt as if my soul was being ripped and smashed into a billion tiny pieces. Everything in me hurt and burnt. I felt like I was dying but I knew I had to hold on for my baby. I never EVER want you to go through it. Promise me you'll give that boy a chance." She looked at me with the saddest expression I've ever seen. I didn't even question how she knew, I already knew the answer to that. Jessica. I couldn't help but agree to what she had asked.

"I promise mom."

Awww :'(

Comment and vote <3