Chapter 28: Your last day in Hoenn

Start from the beginning

Serena holds the ticket close to her and gives it a small hug. She then looks up to her mom with a guilty smile and says "Thanks mom, I had no idea I even left them with you. Truth is I don't really remember leaving the party last night either."Grace laughs and explains "Well after the party ended, you flew to the hotel on one of your pokemon. Then they all took you to bed and you passed out.

Serena gives off a thankful smile as he thinks to herself "Wow my Pokémon really do care ankh me." She looks up at her mom and says "Wow I'm sorry for causing so much trouble and I'll be sure to thank Altaria for flying me home." Grace chimes in, "Don't worry about it it dear, Arceus knows I did a lot worse at your age. Also your Altaria didn't fly you to the hotel. Your Charizard did."

Serena's eyes widen as she says in a confused tone "Huh but I don't have a Charizard mom." Grace tilts her head and says "Really are you sure. The two of you seemed pretty close so I thought it was your pokemon." Serena shakes her head and says "I don't remember anything but I guess it must have been one of the guests." Grace shrugs and replies "Maybe it was." She stands up from her daughters temporary bed and says "Anyway enough about that, I need to get going my flight is leaving soon."

Serena smiles and says "Okay mom, thanks for helping me today. It was a nice change of pace having you take care of me. Kind of like being a kid again. Grace smiles with a motherly smile and says in a proud tone "That's what I'm here for. She walks around the bed towards her daughter and gives her a hug which she returns. 

Grace breaks the hug and says "Serena, please be careful in Alola and please make sure you visit before the master class competition. Serena smiles and says I promise mom."

Grace walks away from her daughter and heads towards the door. As she reaches the door she turns around with a devilish smile. Grace teases Serena "One more thing, I expect you and Ash to both visit me together after your Alola journey. Serena grows red as she hides her blush and embarrassed face in her bed covers and shouts at he top of her lungs "MOM!!"

Grace laughs at her daughters inability to hide her feelings for Ash and says "I'm joking dear, juts promise me you'll stay safe." Serena regains her composure and says "I promise mom." The two say goodbye as Grace takes one last proud look her daughter before she leaves.

Serena tries to go back off to sleep but the throbbing headache juts gets worse and worse.  Sighing in defeat, she decides the best way to try and beat the pain is to get up and moving. She gets out of bed and takes a shower hoping the steam can help clear her head. After a that she puts on her usual outfit and makes her way to the kitchen.

She quickly whisks up some breakfast and a cup of coffee and sits down at the breakfast table. She finds herself nibbling at a piece of toast while holding her hand against her forehead. She picks up her cup of coffee and puts it up towards her lips but the smell hits her nostrils first causing her to heave as her stomach begins to feel heavy. She puts her head against the table and starts the feel sorry for herself when a sudden knock at the door snaps her back to reality, sending a shooting pain through her head.

She drags herself to her feet and heads towards the door before opening up. As the door flings open she sees two people standing there with knowing smirks on their faces. Gary is one remarks "Hey Serena, I hope I didn't give you to much to drink last night. I thought you were okay but you look at little rough." Serena gulps and replies in a fragile tone "Yes you did, now I know why Ash warned me about drinking with you. How are you even awake after all that."

Gary scratches his head and says "Huh I forgot about Ashy Boy, well I hope you won't tell him what happened he might not take it the right way, as for me being awake its called being Gary oak." Serena looks at Gary with fiery eyes and scolds "Not only am I telling him that you got me and everyone at the party drunk. I'm telling him to give you the full Ash Greninja treatment. I hope he hits you with a shuriken so big that it sends you blasting off like team rocket."