27. Imagine - Eren

[ Sad fact ]

Levi blames himself for how Eren turned out to be.

The last imagine! I know that there are more canon facts, but some of them were hard to portray into a little story

The last imagine!
I know that there are more canon facts, but some of them were hard to portray into a little story

"Levi?" you carefully take your boyfriends hand and sit down next to him on the bed.

He couldn't sleep again – as always. But this time, his thoughts were only making it unable for him to fall asleep because of one person.

"I don't know what to do anymore...." he murmurs exhausted.

"What do you mean?" of course you knew what he meant, but perhaps talking about it would make sharing his burden with you easier.

Levi looks at his right hand that only had three fingers left. "Eren,"

You look at him with pity on your eyes. Why couldn't life just be fair to him for once? Levi didn't deserve this. He never did.

"He....tch, I shouldn't have put my hope into him. I know he's a good kid, but..." He stops.

You slip in next to him under the blankets and wrap your arm around his shoulders to pull his body against yours.

"The pressure he had was too much. He was just a kid. He still is a kid." he drops his head as you brush your fingers through his hair.

"Levi, you don't have to blame yourself. Eren...he is good, yes, and I agree that we shouldn't have put all our hope onto his shoulders, but what else could've done?" you gently kiss his head.

"I should have protected him." he whispers.

"You did. I know how much you care about him and the others. Levi," you take his chin in your hand, carefully not to touch his scars, and turn his head towards you. "Eren was our only option to get closer to freeing humanity. He has our life in his hand now, but he is also the one who has gotten us this far."

The look on his face breaks your heart.

"We'll stop the rumbling and see the world. With Eren or without him. I know you feel responsible for everything he does or has done, but you're not. You have guided him the right way. How Eren has turned out to be is not yours nor anyone's fault – not even his own."

You kiss him on the lips, feeling him melt into you.

"Life is not fair. It wasn't to you, and it won't be to Eren in the end I fear. But no matter what happens, you will always be humanity's strongest. The man, that sacrificed himself selflessly so many times. Nothing of what is happening right now is your fault."

Levi takes comfort from your words. He'll probably never stop blaming himself for how Eren turned out to be, but that is only because he cares. And for him, just like everyone else, it's heartbreaking to witness what life did to a once cheerful, happy and young boy.

The only thing we're allowed to do is to believe that we won't regret the choice we made
~ Levi Ackerman