19. Imagine - Nightmares

[ Sad Fact ] — Interview

He has nightmares in which he can't save his friends from death.

No

No.... Isabel...Farlan........no, not her.....(y/n)!

With a loud gasp, Levi sits up and looks around the room, breathing heavily. His hands are balled into fists, holding the blanket tightly as tears steam down his face. He gets up after a while, wipes away his tears, and makes his way to your bedroom.It wasn't the first time he'd woken up to your death. It was the same scenario every time. The abnormal Titan was tearing Isabel and Farlan apart before he...

Levi shakes his head and comes to a stop in front of your door. He hated that he was so weak. That he needed your closeness to feel better, which meant that he had to knock on your door like a toddler in the middle of the night, and for the fourth time in a month. He was pathetic.

"Levi?" sleepily you stand in front of him. "What's the matter?" Since it's dark in your room, you take a step out into the candlelit corridor to see him better.

Levi's cheeks are wet with dry tears, eyes swollen and hair messy. You knew immediately what was going on and took his hand to lead him to your bed.

Normally, when Levi needed comfort, he went to Hanji because she was his best friend and he didn't want you to see him that way at the beginning of your friendship. But after many years of friendship and the confession of your feelings afterwards, it was no longer important to him. The cuddles, kisses and sleeping in a bed together was still a bit uncomfortable and unfamiliar to him – he didn't do that with Hanji after all, but he trusted you and knew that you didn't judge him for it.

"There you go." you mumble and wrap your arms around his petite body. His head rests on your chest so he can listen to your heartbeat as you stroke his back with your left hand. The other plays with his hair and pulls him closer to you.

"I'm alive. I'm here, everything is okay." you whisper against his ear.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." he murmurs into your nightgown, feeling guilty.

"Shh, don't apologize. I told you I'd always be here for you. I meant that." you  press a kiss to his forehead. "Sleep now."

Levi snuggles a little closer to you. "Thank you."

"Good night, love."

"Night."

"She held his nightmares while he slept so he could dream in peace"