13. Imagine - Relationship

[ Interesting Fact ] — Interview my

He has never been interested, in love, or in a relationship with anyone.

"Have you ever thought about getting married?" you ask, feeding the pigeon in front of you with a piece of bread

Levi grunts in confusion. "Why are you asking such a thing, brat."

You and Levi sat like every evening on a bench in the smal park to feed the different birds. It's been a few months since he was discharged from the hospital, and you decided to take care of him with Gabi and Falco. Since you are both the last veterans, you didn't feel comfortable leaving him alone.

"I'm curious. The others want to start families, and since I know you don't have any, I thought you might want to marry." you shrug your shoulders and give him the bread.

Levi throws the bread in front of a duck's nose and looks into the distance. "I was never interested in romance."

You look at him. "Really? Apart from your upbringing, you seem like a very traditional man."

"Tch. The Titans and the Underground didn't really give me a choice to do anything but to fight." he grumbles.

You nod in understanding. "I can understand that, but now that it's all over, you don't want to be alone, do you?" you ask.

He is silent and looks to the side while playing with his fingers. "Levi?"

"I never really thought about....that stuff, and......I don't think I was made for it," he murmurs while looking at the pond with his tired eyes.

You scoff, "Everyone deserves to be hugged or loved." You have to laugh. "Besides, even with the scars and despite the awkward humor, you would be a dream man for many women if they knew you properly."

"Tch." he looks at you implausibly. "I don't have any experience in that kind of thing," he says meekly, staring into nothingness.

You frown. "Really? You had lots of admirers inside the walls, and I suppose in the underground city too, didn't you?" you ask.

He nods and rolls his eyes, "I was popular, but I never did anything out of it. It was annoying."

You giggle, "I can imagine."

For a few minutes the two of you just sit in silence and enjoy each others company. There has been a question nagging at you for quite some time, which is why you brought this topic up in the first place, but you aren't sure how he'll react.

"So.....you've never....fallen in love?" you ask.

He shakes his head. "I got some 'love' confessions, but those were just from admires that liked humanity's strongest." he looks at you. "Why are you so interested in all of this?"

You look away, suddenly feeling nervous. "Well, I-I wanted to ask if you would like to go on a.....date with me?"

Levi's eyes widen.

A first love always occupies a special place.