9. Imagine - Bullied

[ Sad Fact ]

He got bullied when he first joined the military.

"Look who's there

"Look who's there." grumbles one of the older soldiers and comes to a halt next to where Levi is training.

"What do you want?" Levi glares at the guy for smirking teasingly down at him. A few cadets as well as veterans stop their training and watch the two men.

It had been one week since the three underground thugs were pulled onto the surface. Levi had already gained the attention of most. It was impressive how smoothly he moved with the gear and how his fighting abilities were despite his short frame.

"I want you do go back into the hole you came from." answers the tall giant. 

Stefan Heinsberg was one of the best soldiers in the scouts. He had many kills and was seemingly popular in the walls. His arrogant hero persona pissed Levi off.

He straitened his back and looks up at him, "Erwin Smith is the one who brought us here. If you want to annoy someone, annoy him."  he walks off.

Stefan follows him. "Why would he pull some criminal into our world, hm? A short runt like you won't survive a minute out there."

Levi turns back around and glares at him. "If I were you, I would better watch my mouth." he snaps.

"Or what? You'll kill me?" he glares down at the shorter man and whispers dangerously, "The rules are different up here. If I, one of humanity's hero's, make a mistake, no one will be able to hold it against me. But if the murderous criminal hurts someone...."

Levi furrows his brows angrily. "Then what?" 

"I would watch your friends carefully. You don't want them to be in any..trouble, right?" he smirks.

Levi balls a fist, when a hand was placed on his shoulder. "That's enough, Heinsberg. Leave him alone."

Erwin looks at both of them seriously and then turns to you. "(L/n), from now on you will train with Levi."

"Yes, sir." you nod and walk ahead.

Coming to a stop a few meters away, you turn to him and smile. "Hanji already told me a lot about you, but we were never really introduced. I'm (y/n)!" you stretch out your hand.

Levi frowns and crosses his arms. He takes a few seconds before shaking your hand. "Levi." You nod, getting ready to fight.

"I've heard you're a pretty good fighter." you say. "I'm not. I suck, honestly. So if you don't mind....teaching me a little?" you laugh ashamed, hating Erwin, your cousin, for making you do this.

"You want me to teach you?" he asks perplexed.

"Yeah. I've only graduated a few weeks ago and I wasn't the best."

He nods. "But you do know that-"

"Yes, I know. I don't mind."

He looks at you in disbelief. "Fine."

You start with the basics and attack while awkwardly trying to start a conversation. "How old are you?"

He ducks your first punch and casually replies, "Around 28." You nod, grab his arm and try to push him to the ground, but fail. "Try to attack faster" Levi stops and helps you up. "You said you just graduated?"

"Yeah."

"How old are you then?" Walls, he was bad at being social.

"19." He nods and teaches you a few tricks that he learned from Kenny.

Levi didn't know why, but he liked you already. You treated him nicely.

"You are a good friend for a brat." were his words only a year later.

By chance we met, by choice we become friends