12. Imagine - Popular

[ Interesting Fact ] — Manga/Anime

Levi was very well known and popular in the underground city as well as within the Walls.

"There is captain Levi!" whispers a middle aged man

"Tch."

Levi hated it. The spotlight and the people praising him for being a hero. He hated how they admired him. On one hand, he understood why they would react that way – he killed the giant monsters that made everyone's life hell. But on the other hand, he knew that they didn't know about his past. What would the civilians say if they found out about his criminal days in the underground?

He didn't care.

All he wanted to do was safe humanity. He didn't care about their praises. They were for humanity's strongest after all, not Levi. No one knew the real Levi besides Erwin, Hanji and you. No one seemed to really want to get to know him. People didn't exactly made conversation with him because they felt like he was a interesting person – no, they wanted the weapon.

Erwin always drags him to parties with the nobles, because the more rich people get to gawk at him, the more money they would donate to the military. He was annoyed with the men who only talked about business and the ladies, which flirted with him – or rather his reputation. It made him feel uncomfortable.

He didn't care that they weren't interested in him as a person. The attention, that's what he despised. It reminded him of the underground city.

The famous thug that he used to be was popular. He was mostly known for helping the weaker and, to his pleasure, beat the guys that did bad to the innocent. Now, he knew that he wasn't innocent himself. Levi had to do horrible things to survive. He killed, tortured, used and abused people. Of course he did – he grew up in a world were that was the only way, but even knowing that, he hated it.

He never wanted to be violent, brutal or rough. The world made him like that. Fate did, Kenny did, his life did. He never had a choice.

"No matter where you go, captain, all eyes are on you." you giggle next to him and look at a few plates.

You two were at the marked in Sina, buying a few things for your shared home. Levi got a week off and decided to spend it decorating your house with you, his wife.

"They better only look." he grumbles behind you and places a hand on your back.

"You are their hope, darling." you chuckle. "Would you rather have them hate you?"

"I don't care what they think about me."

"Really? I was one of these civilians as well before we met personally. You cared about my opinion." you wink at him.

"Tch." he looks away, cheeks heating a little bit. "You know why..."

"Why?" you smirk.

"Iloveyou."

I don't want to have the worlds attention. Yours is enough