xx. reclaiming skade

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

"We have a message from Mercia." Bloodhair announced and Cnut turned to him. She stands with Sihtric as they watch in silence, her brother seems to be more tense than normal.

"What's this?"

"We have a message from the Dane-slayer." Bloodhair answered and shoved the Saxon forward.

"Uhtred, sent you?" Brida asked in doubt.

"He did, lady." The Saxon man spoke.

"And his message is what?" Cnut questioned as he placed a hand on Brida's shoulder.

"He says he will come for you, lord. For all of you, in the night, as a shadow walker. He says you will die, as Ragnar died. He says he will send you all to Niflheim." The Saxon spoke with fear and she turned to hide her face to avoid laughing at them, Sihtric gave her an unimpressed look.

"I say, let him come." Bloodhair speaks loudly and looks around him.

"Yes."

"Feed his guts to Odin's ravens." Skade snarled as she looked at Bloodhair.

"Always so dramatic." Revna mumbled to Sihtric who failed to shield his grin.

"I'll make a sacrifice of the Saxon bastard." Bloodhair promised the seer.

"You should have done that at Fearnham." Hæsten spoke but not loud enough as he looked away.

"I hear a rat's wheeze." Revan cackled at that attracting the attention of all of them, Bloodhair grinned at her making Skade scowl.

"I said, if you wished to make a sacrifice of Uhtred, you should have done it at Fearnham, but you chose to run." Hæsten snarled as Skade watched smugly.

"Hæsten, no." Cnut ordered.

"Mind how you speak."

"Oh, you fled, did you not run away?" Hæsten taunted.

"Bloodhair, say nothing." Cnut demanded.

"I lost men in battle. You were fool enough to lose men in a fortress." Bloodhair snapped at the blonde.

"Though, I managed to keep hold of my woman." Hæsten spoke smugly.

"Shut your mouth!"

"Shall I show you how I bed her?" Hæsten placed his hands on Skade's shoulders as she just smirked. Revna and Sihtric glance at each other in disgust.

"Shut your mouth!" Hæsten chuckled.

"Come on, come on Bloodhair! I'll be gentle, come to Hæsten. And I will whelp some pups on you." Hæsten taunted purposely humiliating the man.