Eddie Van Halen - sweethearts

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Diane?"

"Have you seen my hair brush? I swore it was just right here."

I hear my bed shuffle around and then a hand touch my waist.

"It was on your bed," Edward hands me the hairbrush, a light smile on his face as he walks back to the bed.

"Thank you!" I smile, brushing out my hair, painfully from the knots.

"Anytime," he nodded, looking down at his watch and back up at me, "2 minutes till we gotta leave."

I looked at him crazy, shocked at how much time had been wasted.

"I should've got up when my alarm went off," I mutter under my breath, grabbing mascara.

I lightly put it on, just enough not to look completely dead.

"A minute now."

I glare at his rushing, putting the mascara away and looking in the mirror.

"Too much?" I ask, showing the presented outfit.

"Actually.. no," he shakes his head, looking at me up and down.

It was just light washed jeans, a white belt, the flared long sleeve shirt and white shoes.

Many necklaces and rings, of course.

"But now we have to go," Edward gets up quickly, grabbing his keys that were on my desk.

He didn't really like being late, neither did I, so the quick movements to the car took less than a minute.

And getting there took a short amount of time than it should've taken.

When we got there, it looked to be barely any people there.

"Only alex?" I hum, looking at his car parked next to Edward's.

"Yeah, only gotta do drums and guitar today, micheal had an important thing to attend to, and David- he's just a bit sick."

I shrugged, opening the car door as Edward did, making sure it shut behind me.

"Why do you always make sure it's completely shut?" He asks, locking the car.

"Become an habit ever since mine got broken into."

He nodded, walking to the studio.

I quickly walked behind him, catching up to his face past walking, "jesus! Why are you walking so fast?"

He chuckles at me, trying to catch up with him, "I'm not."

"Liar."

He opened the door for me but moved too quickly before I could reach, and it shut in my face.

I opened the door with a huff, glaring at Edward, "why open the door for me if you just shut it just as quickly?"

"I thought you were close behind me," he said while sitting by Alex on the couch.

I shut the door behind me. "Well, I wasn't."

"Hello to you too, Diane," Alex snickers, a coffee mug in his hand.

"Hello," I nodded towards him, setting down in a spinning chair.

"See you and my brother still bicker like husband and wife," he sipes on his tea, raising his eyebrows.

Edward hit his arm, glaring at his brother.

"Do you not?" Alex asks his brother.

"We do not," Edward agrues, "we aren't even together."

"Doubt that," Alex mumbles, "well, we gotta get to recording."
..

The recording process was done. It was now 4 pm, and we couldn't decide what to do for the evening or night.

"What about the bar?" Alex suggest.

"Nah, to many people," I shake my head, doodling on a writing pad.

"What about.. uh.." Alex starts, "pizza?"

"What do you mean 'pizza'?" Edward asks, looking up from his guitar.

"Like just get pizza and lounge around at the house, watch a movie to I don't know," Alex shrugged.

"Seems cool to me," I agree.

Alex looks at Eddie, who debates it for a moment before speaking.

"Cool."
..

"I never knew jeans could be so.. uncomfortable," I said as I laid my head on Eddie's lap.

"You say that all the time," Eddie mumbled, putting down his book.

"I'll say it again then," I take a breath in, "I never knew jeans could be so-"

The next thing i knew, i was cut off by a kiss.

"Shut up, Diane," Eddie pulled away, looking up at the tv.

Was that supposed to be.. normal?

"Pizza!" Alex cheered, holding two pizza boxes.

"Why two? There's only three of us," I asked, sitting up.

"I'm quite hungry," Alex sat the boxes down, swinging one open.

"I see," I nodded, grabbing a piece.

We just sat and watched TV while we ate pizza, I couldn't get the simple kiss out of my head, though, that confused me till we went to bed.

And we stayed up for hours, till 3am I'd say.

And that's lots of hours and being confused if you calculate it.

"Eddie?" I knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He yelled, shuffling around on the other side.

I opened the door, seeing him sitting on his bed with his guitar.

"I need to ask you something," I shut the door behind me, walking up to his bed.

"Mh?"

"What was the kiss about earlier?"

He grew silent, spacing out for a good minute, i think, thinking about what he was gonna say.

"Casual kiss, I guess," he shrugged, "just a hint."

I say besides him on the bed, "a hint?"

He nodded, "Yes, a hint, if you couldn't tell, I think you're pretty."

"Oh, thank god!" I fell back on the bed, "this would be totally embarrassing if it meant nothing!"

He laughed at me, setting his guitar down and laying next to me, "So I take that as a yes?"

I shot my head towards him, confused, "A yes to what?"

"To be my girlfriend?"

"You didn't even ask!"

He sighed, leaning on his elbows, "Okay, fine," he pushes his hair from his face, "will you be my girlfriend, Diane."

"Let me think about it," I looked up at the ceiling, hearing Eddie sigh.

"Yes."

He looked at me with a smile, "Yes?"

"Yes!"

He wrapped his arms around me, plestering me in kisses, "I'm a taken man!"

I laughed at him, "Yes, yes, you are."

-----
A bit rushed at the end! Sorry.