Jeff Labar - record store

Context - Jeff always comes into the record store you work at.

Philadelphia 1986
---- Girls Name - Faye Miller

IT WAS A CAUSAL day at the record store, teenagers buying records with the summer money they built up, moms buying their kids birthday presents.

The whole shebang.

My favorite customer hasn't come in yet. He's come in almost every day I work, but I don't mind it since he's cute.

I've thought about asking him out one day, just to a mall or drive in, but I chicken out.

But here I was, silently hoping he would come by today.

"Bye! have a nice day!"

As the customer walks out the door, one walks in, and to my hopes, it's the fluff head himself.

Jeff.

"There's my favorite girl!" He walks in, smiling, walking up to the counter.

"Hey Jeff," I smile.

"Hey Faye! How's ya day goin'? It goin' well?" He asks, leaning on the counter.

"It's going just fine, Jeff."

He smiles, "Good to hear! But I was wondering- You busy tonight?"

I cock my head to the side, confused, "Nope, I don't think so atleast," I shrug.

"Good! Now ya are."

I furrow my eyebrows together, "mh?"

He chuckles, "Me and the guys are playing at the building down the street, I want you to go."

I knew he was in a band. They were working on a record but still getting extra money to play at big areas.

"Sounds cool! What time?"

He takes a second to think, "Seven."

I nod and grab a pen, writing the time down on my hand

He looks at me confused, looking over at what I'm doing, "whadda doin'?"

"Writinng the time and place down so I won't forget."

He nodds, still interested in the simple task.

"By the way, our record comes out tomorrow at midnight."

My head shoots up, "Really?"

That is all Jeff talks about when he comes in, how the new record 'night songs' is coming along.

"Yep, hitting the stores at midnight June 9th!" He smiles.

"That's so good! I'm happy for yall!" I exclaim, a light smile on my face.

"We're just a little scared it won't do good, though, so we are trying to play the singles that are out to get people hyped up for it, which leads us to tonight.."

I shoot a confused look at him, "What about tonight?

"Since the record comes out tomorrow, we have to get everyone wanting it today, so we have to open for a big band.." he trails on.

"Get to the point, jeff."

"We are opening for mötley crüe," he finally says, a big smile on his face.

"No way! Mötley fuckin' crüe?" I ask, a smile present on my face.

"That's what I said! But they want us to open for them today!" A giant smile appears on his face.

"That's awesome! You'll definitely get promoted with them!"

"That's what I'm hoping!" He looks down at his watch, and his eyes go wide, "I gotta go! We got a sound check soon."