I rested my face on the side of his, my eyes remaining closed as he pecked 'apology kisses' into the side of my face and neck. The feeling of his lips discovering new inches of my skin sent shivers down my spine. The feeling of our wet clothes sticking together and suctioning our bodies closer made me feel like I couldn't let him go even if I wanted to.

My hands held the sides of his face as I relaxed in his arms. My breathing becoming ragged as his tongue trailed down the length of my neck, his lips then assisting his tongue in creating a suction.

The tingling in my stomach felt different than it was before. This felt like the tingling was in my legs too and it only made me want more of him.

"What—what are you doing." I panted. My hands holding the sides of his head and his hair between my fingers. "That feels weird."

He moaned lightly as he gently kissed back up toward my lips. "What do you mean, Moonie?" He murmured. "You didn't like it?"

I hummed and shook my head as I sat up slightly to look down at him. Both his and my hair was stuck to his face, his lips swollen pink, and his eyes eager for something I didn't understand.

"Why are you looking at me like that." I questioned, my heart beating faster the more I stared at him.

He smirked up at me, his hold on me tightening. "Answer my question first."

I traced his features with my finger tip in an attempt to soothe the tingling in my body. "I did."

"Use your words, Moonie."

I groaned slightly before leaning down and pecking his lips. He chuckled lightly, his eyes remaining in the same spot.

"Those weren't words."

I stared down at him, his eyes lowered and his smirk as cheeky as it could get. "Yes...I liked it. It felt nice."

He chuckled lightly as he squeezed me tighter.

"I know you did. I just wanted to hear you say it."

I rolled my eyes slightly. "You're not funny."

He hummed, poked his lip out slightly, and nodded. "Yea but I'm talented at other things."

I chuckled before he pressed his lips against mine, this time letting his tongue glide across my lips before entering my mouth.

"You're so corny."

...

I stared out the window at the lighting crackling through the sky. It looked like veins searching for a source of life.

"Have you ever—"

"Yes." He interrupted.

I chuckled as Kai smiled against my back. "Have you ever felt like this?" I finished, my voice in a whisper.

He hugged me against his body tighter, his eyelashes fluttering along my shoulder. "Felt like what?"

"I don't know...so relaxed? I mean you were avoiding me like the plague a few hours ago and we both decided not to speak but now, we are laying on the floor together with me in your arms." I looked slightly over my shoulder, just enough to see his eyes closed and the most peaceful look on his face. "Is that not odd?"

"Didn't we already talk about this?" He murmured.

"Yea but...it's just so weird."

He hummed, his lips gliding across my skin. "I don't know what's 'weird' Moonie. To me, it's 'weird' that I even talk to you like you're a real person. Let alone had a civil conversation."

I hummed as I brushed my fingers across his arm and up his fingertips before gliding back down. "Where'd Needy go?" I questioned.

"He's in the bathroom." He responded quietly.

"Do you think the storm will stop anytime soon?" I questioned once more.

"I don't know. We'll just have to see."

"...why haven't you had a civil conversation before?"

"I don't know, Moonie. I probably have but I have the tendency to not listen to people or care enough to want to fix anything."

"So you wanted to fix our friendship?"

He chuckled softly, his breath gliding across my skin and sending goosebumps across my body. "Of course. I thought that was obvious."

"Are you tired?"

He hummed, his voice vibrating across my back. "Yes. I am."

I stayed silent for a moment. The question I really wanted to ask playing on the tip of my tongue. "...Are you upset about your paintings?"

His grip on my body tightened as the words fell from my lips. I could practically hear the hesitation in his voice before he even spoke.

"Yes," he paused, his breath stilling. "But not because I worked hard on them or anything..."

I chuckled softly. "What? You're so talented it's just easy to pop out art like that?"

He stayed silent for a long while, his breathing slowing and his hold on me remaining tight as if he was holding me for the last time.

He placed a long kiss on my shoulder blade.

"No...It's because they were all of you."