"I'm so sorry, everything will be alright," Luke tried to reassure. They stayed that way for a minute, whilst everything around them was in a rush.

Tamera stepped away from Luke, looking away to wipe her tears. It was uncomfortable for the both of them because of the vulnerability. They were close, but vulnerability made things awkward on both ends.

When she had calmed down, she turned back to look at Luke. "We're still counting the number of people that were in and outside the building. So far, we have everyone who signed when coming on site. Our workers are safe too," she said, leading the way to the building. Her PPE was still on, with Luke given when he went in close range to the building. The half of it looked like blown off.

"What happened here?" he asked, frowning at the display.

"We heard an explosion inside. We're thinking this was intentional. For now, we're still trying to look for anyone that might be inside that didn't sign."

Luke's mind ran, trying to make sense of everything. This time, he didn't have any enemies. This must be Rolus' doing. Luke didn't have enemies. Unless he had some that he didn't know of.

Luke went with Tamera to speak to some people. He went around the building, assessing the damage. His mind was all over the place, trying to remember if he pissed anyone off.

His phone rang. He checked the caller and saw that it was Perez. He excused himself, going to his car for privacy. His phone stopped  when he was halfway to his car. He sighed, dialing Perez's number. He got into his car and closed the door.

"Hi," he said when Perez answered.

"Hello. Did you get my message?" Perez asked, his voice strained.

"I didn't read it yet. Look, I'm in the middle of an emergency. Can I call you back later?"

"What emergency? Are you fine?"

Luke pinched the bridge of his nose, his exhaustion regarding the sabotage weighing on him heavily. "I think someone set explosions in our new building. Remember the deal I made with Creek Pack about the new building we are making?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'll call you back later, okay?"

"I'll expect your call."

Luke hung up, putting his head on the steering wheel. Things being strained between them put a damper on his mood everytime he thought of Perez. Luke had distanced himself from Perez, even when Perez tried to reach out to him.

Guess he was just afraid of Perez finding out the truth. Or maybe he already figured out that Luke lied to him and was just keeping quiet to reserve the peace. The way he acted that day, was suspicious. No one would behave the way he did if they found out that their cousin was rejected. Maybe he shouldn't have cried. Or maybe he should have went back to his Pack.

He raised his head when he heard the screech of tires coming to a stop. Not even a second later, a woman came out of the vehicle. She seemed familiar.

She was furious, walking to the group where Tamera was. Luke got out of his car, quickly going to diffuse the situation because he saw that the woman singled out Tamera and was yelling at her.

"What's going on?" He asked when he was in close range. It was only Tamera, the woman and some man who also looked familiar. The people who were around had dispersed.

The woman turned to him, her eyes blazing. "Was this your doing?" she pointed to the building.

"What are you saying exactly? That I would sabotage my Pack's progress?" Luke asked, too calm.

"Fuck you and fuck your Pack! You've always been behind our Pack's back, breathing down Rolus' back like a fucking dog! This time, you've gone too far!"

Luke was stunned. So she was a part of Rolus' Pack.

The man tried to calm the woman, but she wasn't having any of it. "And now because of your hatred, our Alpha and Beta are stuck in that fucking building!"

She dropped the bombshell.

Luke felt the world stop. He felt like he was going to vomit his heart out. Everything became silent for a moment, but when he regained his senses, the world was too loud.

"What did you say?" Tamera asked, shocked.

"Sorry about her. She's overwhelmed. My name is Theo and I'm Sierra's mate. This is Charlotte, our Head Warrior. Apologies for her behaviour," the man who introduced himself as Theo, said. He extended his hand for a handshake.

Luke shook it, still dazed. "How are they in there? Why?"

"They came to see the progress. It's Rolus' first time coming here, so he didn't see the need to let anyone know. I don't know why they didn't sign, but Sierra always signs when she comes," Theo explained, running his hand down his hair. His stress was noticeable through his tone.

"Are you sure Theo? Are you sure that Rolus is stuck in there?"

"Yes, Sierra and Rolus," Charlotte stressed Sierra's name.

Luke didn't know what to do with his hands. He turned around, closing his eyes. He could feel the anxiety coming. He reassured himself that Rolus was safe. He was still in shock. What was Rolus doing on site without informing anyone?

"For now, I'll tell the rescue team that we have people stuck. Let the professionals do their work. And please Theo, handle Charlotte. Don't let her interfere," Tamera warned.

She came to Luke's side, ushering him back to his car. "Go home and I'll handle everything. You look like you need to rest. I'll update you, okay?"

Luke nodded. Tamera gave him a worried look, asking if he was going to be alright.