Alpha - Mind Games - Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"And why would you- kiss her? All of a sudden?" Do-hwan asked, turning to Taehyung again.

"Why would you ever kiss a woman, Do-hwan-shi?" Taehyung rolled his eyes. I felt my cheeks flushing even redder as I listened to him speak.

The chief guard unsurely averted his startled gaze to me again, so I quickly dropped the heavy kimchi box on his desk and dashed past Taehyung. Whip! I sprinted out of Do-hwan's office and ran as fast as my legs could carry me until I reached my bedroom. THUD. I slammed the door shut and shakily locked the handle before backing away with swelling sweat beads over my forehead.

Thankfully, Taehyung gave up on chasing me.

_____________________

Taehyung's unexpected affection left me timid the entire night and for the next few days. I couldn't comprehend my feelings, but I know one thing for sure. I do not enjoy it. Kim Taehyung and his unexpected character development is somewhat... very unsettling. I fear it is a well-thought-out scheme to trap me within his grip. I consistently avoided Taehyung at the mansion during my remaining suspension period. And finally~! I can return to school again! It's really suffocating inside the dull mansion!  I hurried to school without eating breakfast to avoid Taehyung. I didn't stay at the alpha lounge and went to the rooftop alone. He won't find me here.

"Can you stop invading my privacy? Are you stalking me~?" Seokjin whined when I opened the door to find him leaning against the railing. I briefly paused at his disapproving grimace and carefully closed the door behind my back.

"I really need this space right now

"I really need this space right now. Share it with me," I mumbled, walking toward Seokjin until I found myself... staring at the campus view from the high ground. Seokjin bitterly glanced away as he leaned against the railing with his arms rested over the steel.

"Hoseok visited you last night," Seokjin said shortly without looking at me. He knows his friend came to see me? 

"We didn't speak. I will not steal your ally. If that's what you're worried about," I muttered in disinterest. Seokjin faintly chuckled with his gaze on the foggy view before us. Why is he laughing?