Chapter 20: Bast Castle

If Ezra was rocked to the bottom of his heart, he quickly turned to his sister who had simply frozen in place. He reached her with a hand, however as soon as he touched her, Jaral jerked her body, turning around and clearly running toward the landing pads. Ezra immediately jumped to hold her.

"Jari, wait."

"This is bullcrap!" she yelled, trying to break free. "I'd sooner believe he died. There's no way Darvos betrayed the Republic! There must be something behind this!"

"I agree, but first calm down!" he said peremptorily.

Jaral seemed to agree and she stopped struggling. Ezra softened the grasp on her and turned his head toward Raya, as he wanted to solve a doubt that had just emerged in his mind.

"Raya, do you know who made the charges?"

The Asari lightened her omni-tool and quickly went through some files. After a few seconds, she answered. "A certain Senator Mordys. You know him?"

The name filled even Ezra with the need to punch something. "I'm afraid we do." he said. "And I hope for him this is not what I'm thinking it is."

Meanwhile, Jaral's sudden screams had attracted the attention of everyone else. Cal, Kyle and Luke thus arrived jogging toward them.

"What's wrong? You scared us out." Kyle asked.

"Sorry." Jaral sighed before proceeding with the explanation.

"Darvos can't possibly be a traitor." Cal commented. "Something's fishy."

"You think Mordys is using Darvos to damage us somehow?" Luke asked.

"What else could be?" Ezra replied. "His mission with the imperials has been authorized by the President and the Grand Marshall. This smells like a farce from a click away."

"If I may add something..." Raya gently intervened, managing to recall the attention of the Jedi. "Captain Bridger is currently staying on Lianna and has being...quite vocal about defending the Colonel's innocence."

That detail made the siblings even more worried.

"He hasn't gotten into trouble, I hope?" asked Ezra.

"According from the reports we are receiving, Captain Bridger has had a squabble with the military police, but the Colonel persuaded him to stand down."

The siblings sighed of relief. "That's good, but it doesn't change the fact that my husband is behind bars." said Jaral. "Ezra, prepare the Silver, we're leaving right now."

"Master!" the voice of Sellion broke in as they saw the Padawan urgently running toward the group of Knights. "Ahsoka just sent a message regarding the Astartes. They're heading toward Vjun."

Despite the surprise, Kyle replied with lucidity. "Vjun? Isn't that just a big, dead rock?"

"But it's also deeply into New Republic territory." Cal added. "If they are willing to take such a risk, they clearly want something that we can't allow them to have."

"You're right. Which means we need to move quickly." Ezra intervened. "Cal, inform Master Kota and tell him to bring his volunteers on Vjun, me and Jari will head straight over there to recon the area."

"I'm on it." the Knight replied before heading toward the top of the tower.

Ezra then turned toward his sister. She was looking at him still shocked, so he grabbed her shoulders firmly but gently. "Sis, I know it's harsh to say, but Darvos can wait a little longer. Our duty as Jedi must come first."

"