10.

A M B R O S E

"How are you feeling?" I ask once my men and Armando Lee, Carmello's so-called cousin, are out of earshot, my arm still wrapped around her. Regina had just tortured him into cooperating with us on his knowledge of Carmello, and to say it was hard to not take her right then is an understatement.

Why does she need to be so fucking sexy doing the littlest fucking things?

I need to calm down. ASAP.

"I feel good. Thank you." She turned to look at me. Her eyes no longer held that sad, lonely, and empty void. Now having, love, and happiness. She's calmed down and her hands are warmer and steady, just like her heart.

She reaches her bloody hand to caress my cheek. I don't even care that she's getting another man's blood all over me. The sensation of her touch alone could send any man into a coma. Her hand moves from my cheek to around my neck, along with her other. My hands pull her closer to me, somehow closer than before. Our chests collide and our lips are just inches apart.

"Can I kiss you?" she nervously asks. It's so cute how she thinks she needs to ask permission to kiss me. She could do whatever she wanted with me. I bring my face down and brush my lips against hers in a sweet fiery kiss.

Our mouths move in sync with one another as if she were made for me. I squeeze her tight to me and brush my tongue on her bottom lip, asking for entry which she grants. Our tongues dance together in harmony. A small moan escapes her mouth, making my dick twitch in my pants.

A phone ringing interrupts our moment but neither of us wants to separate. However, the irritating ringing wouldn't stop.

Whoever it is better be dying.

When we pull away, we're both out of breath. "That was amazing," she said, making me chuckle and dig my phone out of my pocket while Regina cleaned her hands.

"What!?" I bark. "Where's Regina? I tried calling her phone, but she wouldn't answer." Iris, my sister, states frantically.

"We're in the Art Studio. Why? What's going on?"

"It's Mateo. Enz said he wasn't breathing. I called Eddie but he isn't here yet. Now he's just lying there. He won't move. Enzo is terrified. Cris started CPR but were all fucking scared."

Fuck

"Stay there and watch him. I'll be up in 2 minutes."

By the time I hung up the phone, Regina was standing directly in front of me. "What happened?" She asked. Her big golden eyes glistened from the lights above our heads.

Fuck

"It's Mateo. We need to get upstairs. Now." I don't even let her respond before grabbing and dragging her to the elevator. "What about Mateo? What happened?" I ignore her frantic questions, not wanting to upset her more than she already is. I strongly feel she didn't let all her anger out before.

The elevator reached the basement floor, and we practically sprinted up the stairs. When we make it to Teo's room, he's lying on the floor with Eddie sitting on top of an unconscious Mateo proceeding with the CPR Cris had started. "What's going on? What happened to him?" Regina yells. She doesn't take notice of little Enzo creeping up to her with tears in his eyes until he tugs on her giant hoodie.

"Mama. I-I tried to h-help him the best I could. I did e-everything you told me. I put I'm on his back, then looked for an adult. Just like you t-taught me. I did everything, Mama. I'm sorry. I-I tried to he-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before Regina pulled him into a long hug. "It's okay. It's not your fault. I'm so proud of you for looking after him, my sweet boy." she reassures, picking him up off the ground.