Chapter 29

Libitina got woken up by John that morning, the girl running up the stairs to quickly get ready. Libitina did a tiny bit of makeup before putting on a black dress that stopped just above her knees. She made her way downstairs, the kids already eating breakfast as Mia arrived a couple minutes ago. 

John and Libitina said goodbye to the kids, quickly getting their coats and the things they needed to take with them before walking out of the door, the two of them still not speaking to each other. 

John wanted to talk to his wife, having a bunch of things to say but he knew she wouldn't listen this time and he didn't blame her. He was jealous, jealous of having the prettiest girl by his side having to watch everyone look at her with lustful eyes. He knew he only got angry because he was scared she would do the same thing to her that he's done, he deserved something like that to happen anyway but he didn't want to think like that. 

Libitina wouldn't go near Michael like that at all, she knew she wouldn't. For one, he was Polly's son and she already had the love of her life by her side and for two, the boy was just a teenager, not even eighteen yet and she wasn't going to have an affair with a child, not in a million years. Libitina liked Michael, but as family and she wished John believed her on that the first time she said it. There was a bunch of things Libitina wanted to say to him but they were better left unsaid. She loved him, a lot, probably more than she should after everything he's done but love wasn't helping her at this point. To say she has thought about leaving wouldn't be a lie, she's thought about it a lot but she knew she couldn't, she couldn't just leave him and her family behind so she just stuck with it, stuck with the hurt her husband was putting her through. 

Thomas and John were in the front, John driving whilst Libitina was in the back with Arthur, Curly and Charlie, happy to be away from John. Michael got into the back when they all picked him up, everyone mostly silent on the journey there. 

The truck came to a stop, Tommy lifting up the sheet to tell Curly to sort the truck out which he did. Michael pulled out a flask and some sandwiches out of his bag, everyone giggling, "What?" He asked.

"Sandwiches?" Arthur asked while Libitina jumped out, pulling out a cigarette lighting it quickly.

"Yeah." Michael answered, confused as to why they were asking.

"Polly made bloody sandwiches?" Arthur questioned, everyone trying not to laugh at the sight in front of them.

"What is this? Teddy-bears fuckin' picnic?" Charlie joked, Libitina finally loosing her composure laughing at the question.

"All right, we will drink the tea, we will eat the sandwiches. Then we will drive on. All right? No crumbs, Charlie." Tommy said throwing his fag on the floor before walking away, John joining him.

Everyone got back in, Libitina and Arthur taking a sandwich each to eat as they were pretty hungry. 

When they arrived everyone got out, making their way inside everyone already there as they decided to show up late, already knowing what they wanted and they were positive they were going to get it. Whilst they were walking up the stairs Libitina got her gun out of her bag and put it in her coat pocket, already having a bad feeling about this. 

They stopped, over looking where the horses were being sold. Libitina wasn't paying attention when the bidding started, smoking from her second cigarette ever since they got there. She wasn't really bothered about the horse, she was only here to make sure Michael was safe and out of harms way. Her and Michael stood there and spoke for a bit about how he loved these things, Libitina not really being bothered but she needed the distraction from John staring at her. 

When Tommy finally got his horse they all left, Tommy walking into a office with Libitina to pay and to sort everything he needed to sort out. 

"Small Heath. What kind of premises?" The man asked.