Chapter 15

Today was the day of the Cheltenham Races. Libitina woke up and started to get ready. She was sitting at her vanity cabinet applying some makeup to look presentable when she got a knock at her bedroom door.

"Come in." She said not expecting to see the person she saw.

"Hi Lib, can we put what happened yesterday behind us for today please? You are meant to be coming with me today and I just don't want it to be awkward.." He said.

"Yeah whatever Tommy, but after today do not expect me to be okay with what you are doing to our Ada." She stated.

"I know Lib, I know, and I'm sorry." Tommy explained.

"Hah, for once." She said.

"You have 15 minutes Lib." He said kissing her on the cheek.

When she was done applying her makeup she turned to her wardrobe and looked at the red dress that was hanging in it. The dress had long sleeves and went down to her knees. The dress showed off Libitina's curves which she loved.

The only thing that scared Libitina was that today, she was going to see her real family after so many years. She was so happy with the Shelby's but finding out about the war with the Lee's they had scared her shitless.

When she was ready she headed downstairs to be met by Polly and Thomas.

"You look beautiful my darling girl." Polly stated.

"Thankyou Poll." She said with a big smile on her face.

"You ready then ey?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah yeah."

Tommy opened the front door and let Libitina slip through first and into the car. He started the car and started driving to their destination. She was feeling ready for the day, but there was a horrible thought in the back of her head about the Lees.

"What if they try take me back Tommy?" She questioned.

"We won't fuckin let them Lib, you are apart of this family now whether you like it or not, and John wouldn't let them take you, and if they did, he'd carry this war on until your back with us." Tommy stated.

"John's been to pre occupied with Lizzie Stark for him to notice a fuckin' thing. I feel so stupid for waiting for him when all he's going to do is fuck her." Libitina said with a shaky voice.

"Wait, you fuckin what?" Tommy questioned.

"Yeah Tom, he's been seeing her, letting her look after the kids. Katie told me a couple days ago. It fuckin' hurts." She explained truthfully.

"What a prick, I'll sort him out don't worry. Plus we are nearly there so put your pretty face on ey?"

"Yeah alright Tommy." She giggled.

When they arrived Tommy took them through the back where the horses were kept.

"Are you sure we are allowed in here?" Libitina asked.

"Well I prefer to come to the races the back way." Tommy said.

"It keeps me out of trouble. Tracks are lawless places. I can't stand criminals. This way." Tommy joked pointing in the direction they had to go in.

He opened the door to a corridor full of people.

"Okay you do the talking." Tommy said.

"Sorry what?" Libitina asked.

"Tell security you are Lady Sarah Duggan- Excuse us."

"Lady Sarah Duggan of Connemara. You got lost when you went to look for the boy riding your horse, Dandy Flower. If they ask about me, say that I'm Prussian and don't speak a word of English. Come on posh girl." Tommy joked.