Chapter 4

The Shelby family decided to go to The Garrison that night for a few drinks. Finn of course stayed at home with a nanny until the family got back. Ada and Libitina were sitting in one of the booths just having a general conversation. Polly being the kind soul she is let the girls drink as she knew they both didn't have the best day. The two girls were very drunk already and dancing on the table of their booth. Ada told Libitina she would be back in a few minutes as she was going to sit at the bar and talk to the family friend Harry who was the bartender of The Garrison.

John saw Libitina sat on her own in the booth drinking her whiskey. He decided to go sit with her, him being a bit tipsy boosted up his confidence to talk to the beautiful girl. He sat down next to the girl and gave her his boyish grin that he always gave her.

"Hi Johnny, what's brought you here?" She said to the boy next to her surprised he was next to her.

"Your very drunk Tina how much have you had darlin?" John said genuinely worried about the sad girl next to him.

"I can't remember to be honest Johnny but it's helping me wash away my feelings so I don't want to stop." Libitina told John with a shy smile on her face.

John was ashamed of himself knowing this was his fault, he pulled the girl into his side, surprised by his own action and whispered in her ear so only she could hear.

"I'm sorry for making you feel like this Tina, but I don't see why you wanted to kiss that boy, there's plenty out there better than him. I know I have no right to say this but he's not right for you."

She tilted her head up so she was facing the boy. "I wanted to kiss him because I haven't kissed a boy yet. I wanted to know what it felt like. Everyone in class talks about theirs and I just keep quiet. I feel like I'm not a normal girl in this town for not having my first kiss. I'm fifteen everyone else had theirs at like thirteen." She spoke up to John spilling the truth to him, she put her head down in embarrassment.

John tilted her head up, he leaned in close to her so his lips were hovering over hers. He waited to see if she was okay with this. Just as he was going to push away she moved closer to the boy. John saw this as a opportunity to show the young girl in front of him how he really felt about her.

Without hesitation he closed the gap in between them and kissed Libitina. He couldn't believe how soft her lips were on his. He didn't want to pull away, but he knew he had to incase anyone saw. He pulled his lips away and looked at the beautiful girl in front of him scared on what her reaction would be.

She frowned at John wondering why he stopped.

"Why did you pull away?" She whispered confused.

"I'm sorry darlin, but we can't have any of the family seeing this. I can't let them tell Martha. But I hope now you know how I genuinely feel about you." He whispered back to the girl hoping she knew how much he loved her.

"I understand Johnny" Libitina said putting her head down as tears threatened to fall out her eyes. "I'm going to go home, put Finn to sleep and go sleep myself, I'm tired. Bye Johnny."

And before John could say anything to the young girl she was out the door. He felt stupid for saying what he said. He loved her and he hoped she felt the same.