Chapter 18

Today was the day.

Today was the day Libitina got to marry the love of her life.

Libitina woke up extra early today and made her way down to the Lee camp to get ready. She knocked on her aunt's caravan and waited patiently outside. When the door opened she did't expect to see the person she saw.

"Hi darling." The woman said with a smile.

"Mum? Is that you." Libitina asked.

"Yes it's me love. Come in." Dabria said.

Libitina walked inside the caravan and hugged her mum. Libitina thought she'd never see or hear from her mum ever since she ran, she thought she lost her forever. Libitina hugged her mum tightly, fearing she would never see her again.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Libitina stated.

"I would never miss my daughter's wedding day, no matter what darling." Dabria explained.

"Now come on, we have a hour to get you ready." Dabria said untangling herself out of her daughters grasp.

Libitina took a seat at the table and started doing her makeup while her mum did her hair. Libitina did a light makeup look with some red lipstick, her blonde hair was curled and pinned to a side ponytail. Her beautiful white dressed stopped just above her ankles which she loved. Her mother stood her up and walked her towards a mirror that was placed in the caravan.

"You look stunning." Her mum stated.

"Thank you mum." Libitina said back.

Libitina heard a commotion outside of their caravan which was placed quite close to the altar. She saw the blinder's trying to restrain a man that was trying to get out of their grasp. She knew this would be John so she started listening to their conversation.

"You have no bloody right Tommy!" John shouted.

"A girl who needs a husband. A man who needs a wife." Tommy said back.

"Tommy I'm not bloody marrying some fucking mushroom picker..." John stated to his brother.

"John boy, come on. Listen. I have already betrothed you. So if you back out now, there's gonna be a mighty war breaking out here. It's going to make the Somme...It'll make the Somme look like a fucking tea party." Tommy explained.

"But if you marry her, our family and the Lee family will be united forever. And this war will be over. Now it's up to you John. War or peace." Tommy finished.

"Let go of me. Where the fuck is Lib Thomas." John questioned.

"She's at home John, she couldn't watch this." Tommy stated.

The boys started to walk up the little road to Libitina's auntie who was standing in front of the caravan Libitina was in. Libitina hurried out of sight when she saw the group of men, sitting back down at the table so her mum could put on the veil.

"Will he do?" Libitina heard Tommy say.

"He'll do." She heard her aunt say back which made all the boy cheer.

When the men left Libitina got out the caravan and started walking hand in hand with her auntie so John wouldn't figure out it was her if she walked down the aisle with her mum.

"She better be under 50." She heard John say to Tommy as she walked past.

Her aunt walked her up to the alter and let Libitina kneel on one of the boxes in front of Johnny Dogs. John knelled on the box beside Libitina worried about who he was marrying.