Chapter 14

Libitina woke up this morning with the greatest news, Ada was getting married. Libitina was quite upset though, cause no one was invited. Yes, she knew Tommy would kick off but it hurt Libitina knowing she couldn't even see her best friend walk down the aisle in her beautiful white gown and finally marry the man she loved. But either way, Libitina had to get up and get ready for work.

Tommy was already up and gone when Libitina woke up, she guessed he had a meeting or something. She was heating up a cup of tea for herself and Polly when he walked in.

"All right?" Tommy asked the two women.

"Are you armed?" Polly asked her nephew.

"No." He answered.

"Then I'll tell you." She started.

"Ada and Freddie Thorne were married today. They defied your orders, they haven't left the city." Polly said, telling him the new news they only found out earlier.

"Sorry what? You wanted your fuckin' sister to leave the city? Are you that selfish Tommy?" Libitina stated.

"I'll deal with it. Thomas, I'll deal with it." Polly told her nephew, ignoring Libitina's outrage.

"Where are they?" Tommy asked.

"Freddie's comrades have safe houses. Why do you want to know." The woman asked.

"I want to send them flowers." Tommy joked.

"Why do you think?"

"Would it be so bad if they stayed?" Libitina asked.

"i promised I'd run Freddie out of town." Tommy stated.

"Promised who?" Polly asked.

Tommy pointed towards the doors to be closed, Libitina walked over to the doors and closed them.

"I told the coppers Freddie wouldn't come back. It was part of the deal." Tommy told the two women in front of them.

"What bloody deal? You put your fuckin' sister and her husband in a deal? Fuck me Thomas your more selfish than I thought." Libitina said, sitting down to take all the information in.

"What happened to family votes? What happened to meetings? If you let me deal with Ada and Freddie, it'll end in peace." Polly said.

"Christ knows you have had your fill of war."

"You get Freddie out of town Poll. Or else I'll deal with him myself." Tommy threatened.

Tommy walked out the room with nothing else to say. Libitina was pissed to say the least, Ada's own brother made her and her husband a part of a deal.

Libitina had enough of this family.

That afternoon news got around that Arthur now owned The Garrison. The Peaky Blinders needed legitimate business to pass the money from the shop. Libitina was happy for Arthur but her heart was with Harry. He owned The Garrison way before Libitina moved in with the Shelby's. Harry's own business was now taken over by the Peaky Blinders and that pissed Libitina off.

Libitina had Ada at the front door of 6 Watery Lane in a panic. Libitina threw on her coat and walked over to The Garrison knowing the Shelby brothers wouldn't be there. She sat Ada down but Ada couldn't stay seated.

"Have you seen Freddie Thorne?" Ada asked Grace.

"No." Grace answered very confused.

"Or Tommy?" Ada asked in a panic.

"Ada, darling please sit down you might hurt the baby and they shouldn't be putting this fuckin' stress on you!" Libitina explained.

"I have to find Freddie."

"Drink this." Grace said handing her a cup of water.

"No I have to find them, I think they might kill each other."

"Wait. Who is going to kill who?" Grace asked.

"Tommy and Freddie Grace, they haven't seen eye to eye with each other for a while now." Libitina explained to the barmaid.

"If they don't end up killing each other, I'll be the one doing it to the both of them. Stupid fuckers I swear to god." Libitina explained angrily.

"Lib don't, please." Ada pleaded.

"No Ada, I've had enough of this. Stay here!" Libitina said.

When she got home Polly was holding Finn in her arms while he was in a deep sleep.

"Polly get Finn upstairs, now!" Libitina told her.

"Why babe? What's happened." Polly asked.

"Tommy's happened now get Finn upstairs please and stay up there with him." Libitina ordered.

Polly got off the sofa and took Finn upstairs, Polly knew what Libitina was capable of so she didn't hesitate, she knew Lib was doing this for a reason.

Tommy walked through the door which made Libitina spin around.

"Where's our Poll?" He asked.

"Upstairs with Finn. Now sit the fuck down Thomas."

Tommy sat down and stayed quiet.

"I had Ada banging on our door this afternoon, teriffied because her brother and husband went for a little meet up." Libitina explained.

"She was sweating and couldn't even sit down cause she thought you two were going to kill each other!" Libitina shouted at the man in front of her.

"We only went for a chat Lib, no one's hurt." Tommy explained.

"Oh one of you fuckin' will be." Libitina said pulling out her gun from her purse.

"What the fuck Lib?" Tommy questioned.

"Don't what the fuck me Thomas, your sister was under that much fuckin' stress her baby could of died! Stop being so fuckin' blind and selfish and let your family be fuckin' happy." Libitina stated.

"Put the gun away Lib." Tommy ordered.

"Oh well you see Thomas, I don't need to follow your orders darling. Now if you know what's best you'll leave your sister and Freddie alone and you'll fuck off out of this house. Got it?" Libitina ordered.

"Lib I'm not arguing with you, I can't have you turn on me as well." Tommy pleaded.

"Oh love, you've already lost me after today. Now get the fuck out of my sight before I pull this fuckin' trigger." Libitina said, a smirk growing on her face.

And with that, Tommy stood up and left the family home.

When Polly knew he was gone she walked down the stairs to see Libitina getting herself a glass of whiskey.

"Lib, are you alright darling?" Polly asked.

"Never better Poll." She said gulping down her whiskey.

"I'm off to bed, Night Poll." And with that, Libitina was up the stairs and in her room.

She got undressed into her undergarments and washed off all the makeup that was on her face.

She climbed into bed and snuggled up in her pillow. She could't stop thinking about John and Lizzie though.. she hasn't seen John around for a while and she didn't know why. At this point, Libitina felt stupid for waiting for John, and that was the most painful thing for her.

She tossed and turned in her bed for hours before falling asleep, but when she did, it just felt like a whole nightmare for her.