Chapter 5

When Libitina got through the door of the Shelby household she saw the nanny sitting at the dining room table. The young girl told the nanny it was okay to go home and told her she'd put the 3 year old to bed. When the nanny left Libitina picked up Finn off of the couch and took him up to his room. Libitina tucked Finn in his bed and started reading him a book to put him to sleep. The thing she didn't realize was John coming in to look for her. When he noticed she would be putting Finn to sleep he snuck up the stairs and stood in the door way of Finn's room adoring the girl with a smile on his face while reading his younger brother to sleep.

When Libitina finished reading Finn to bed she kissed his forehead goodnight and got up from the chair she was sitting on. When she turned around she jumped seeing John in the doorway as she didn't realise he came home. She didn't know what to say to the boy standing in front of her so she just stayed quiet. She decided she was going to go to her and Ada's room as she was tired and just wanted to get to sleep, but when she tried to walk past John he caught her arm tightly so she had no way to walk away from him. John pulled the girls chin up and moved his face close to hers. Libitina was shocked so she just stood still not knowing what to do, but deep down she knew she didn't want John to let go or move away. Libitina stood on her toes and closed the distance between the two secret lovers. They both deepened the kiss, not wanting to move or let go of each other. Libitina moved away from John, even though she didn't want to but she knew that was the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry Johnny but we can't do this, you have Martha and a kid on the way, and I don't want to get my hopes up with whatever this is. I can't let you hurt me. Deep down I know we both feel the same way, but we can't do this to Martha. I'm sorry." Libitina spoke up with such sadness in her voice. John's eyes began to water cause he knew she was right, but he loved her, and he will do anything to have the pretty girl in front of him.

"Tina, your right but I will do anything in my power to have you, no matter what it is. I will leave Martha, I can promise you that, I want and need you. I know I've acted like I hate you ever since you got here but that was because I had to hide my true feelings so I didn't seem weak, but I can't keep hiding them anymore, and I'm so sorry I didn't do this sooner but I didn't think you felt the same and I didn't want to make myself look like a fool. I'm so sorry Tina." John spoke, tears now falling down his cheeks. He didn't care if Libitina saw him like this, because he needed her to know he was telling her the truth.

Libitina stood there processing everything John just told her, confused on why he would think he'd make himself look like a fool.

"Johnny, you wouldn't of made a fool out of yourself if you told me, but it's too late now. You and Martha have a kid on the way. You can't leave her while she's carrying your child. You will grow to love Martha and your child, I promise. We need to stop this before we hurt anyone else. We have already hurt ourselves. I'm sorry Johnny, but this is how it has to be now."

Libitina gave John a sad smile, both of them now crying. John let go of her arm, he wanted to say more but Libitina walked to her room and closed the door. John still standing in Finns doorway like a statue. When he shook himself out his gaze he went to his room.

Libitina got into her night gown and got into bed, crying till she got too tired to cry anymore, she fell asleep soon after.

John got into his night wear crying himself to sleep knowing everything Libitina said was right.