Chapter 27

This long chapter is dedicated to all my angry birds which had a mental breakdown because of my last  chapter.

*****

"Your majesty?" Empress Wu Mei was startled as Yibo barged into the Empress palace suddenly without a prior notice. Moreover it was the middle of the night.

Yibo was standing proud and tall as always, strength and dominance was oozing out from him. His expression was cold as usual, no emotions passing through his perfectly fine face. He looked exactly like the powerful king he was. But Wu Mei could tell something was off.

"Are you okay?" She immediately asked, her voice full of concern. Yibo remained silent before walking into the empress chamber with the same unique grace. But as soon as Wu Mei shut the door in the chamber, he suddenly collapsed on the bed.

Wu Mei gasped in shock. She promptly went to the Yibo's side and wasted no time opening the alpha's red cloak, her eyes went wide at the sight they were met with.

A large bleeding gash on Yibo's shoulder up to his upper chest, badly covered with what seemed cloth in lieu of bandages.

Wu Mei felt her heart stop the beat. "My goodness!" She murmured, too shocked to even register what she was seeing. The alpha had been severely injured in the middle of the night and Wu Mei had no idea what to do.

"Don't move. I'll call for someone." She finally exclaimed. This was the first time she saw the King was in bad shape, her voice was shaking and she turned around to go find someone but Yibo unexpectedly prevented her.

"No." The alpha firmly said as he grabbed Wu Mei's wrist. "I don't want anyone to know. I can't show any weakness."

Right now he was in a weak posture and he couldn't afford people to know about it. He had many enemies. He knew a lot of people wanted him to be dead and he knew he couldn't trust anyone. No one could know about his weakened state, not even his general, his mom or even Lusi.

The kingdom was in chaos. Zhan branded as a criminal, Lusi was still unconscious. They lost their baby and now Yibo was in this weakened state, if the news spread further the enemies would gain an advantage.

Wu Mei can't be happy realizing Yibo only trusted her because it didn't change the fact Yibo was bleeding to death.

"You can't ask me to let you bleed to death!" She exclaimed. "Whom did you fight with in the middle of the night to get this kind of a wound?" She asked in utter fear and worry as his wound looked really bad.

"I'm fine." Yibo answered but Wu Mei knew it was a lie. He wasn't fine. His face was so pale and voice sounded full of pain. It seems like he don't want to share what happened and she didn't pressure him furthermore.

"Please your majesty.." Wu Mei pleaded as he has to be treated as soon as possible.

"I said no! Don't you dare to call someone. Let me stay here until the morning. Then I'll be fine." Yibo sternly said again.

"Fine, then I'll take care of your wound myself."

Wu Mei was from a kingdom where they had best doctors. The royal ancestors of her family was all doctors. Even her father, the king of the kingdom, was a miraculous doctor. Wu Mei didn't studied medicine to the core but she have the knowledge as she was from a family of doctors and she perfectly knows the basics.

She removed cloth around Yibo's wound to see how the cut looked like better. First of all she needs to disinfect the cut. Having no proper medical tool at hand, she had no choice but to use the flask of alcohol in the room.