Chapter 8

"We do have evidence here." Everyone turned hearing a melodious voice only to see Prince Zhan coming towards them like an angel descending from heaven. He was wearing his signature emerald color robes, looking ethereal beautiful. Everyone gasped at seeing him, awed by the rare beauty. The whole attention was stolen by him.
.
.
.

Behind him, the royal guards dragged a handcuffed maid and bunch of Xuan's accomplices. The maid was trembling madly while Xuan's accomplices were beaten to a pulp.

"It's good prince Zhan was here. We wanted to ask few questions from you." Elder Huang announced.

"Please go ahead elder."

"Have you witnessed the crime scene where prince Yibo murdering prince Xuan?"

Zhan stole a glance at Yibo. Even though his face was still expressionless, Zhan could feel how it was painful despite Yibo's power and strength. His heart clenched seeing Yibo drenched in blood. This is all because of him. Typically, only one or two strikes of the discipline whip are given, as that is considered enough of a punishment for the bearer to remember for the rest of their life. Just one strike is significantly painful, and the scars never disappear after the torture.

It seems like Yibo couldn't hold back anymore. He dropped on his knees coughing blood terribly. Zhan badly wanted to run into him and support his body but he couldn't do so. Zhan clenched his fist tightly, closing his eyes.

"Yes I have witnessed." After a moment he answered calmly.

"The victimized party complains that prince Xuan was just trying to impress you and had no ulterior motive to harm you. Is that true?"

Zhan clenched his fist until his nails dig into his palms, sharply looking at prince Chao who was smirking at him now. He could feel his entire self's blood was boiling madly in anger but he had no choice. Everyone was waiting for him to say something. Zhan exhaled sharply as if his breath was stuck on his throat and spoke out through gritted teeth.

"Yes elders." A loud roar of whispers echoed in the crowd. Zhan's mother and father was totally flabbergasted. Yibo who was hardly holding his consciousness was taken aback with Zhan's answer. He gritted his teeth. Queen Nora gasped as she could feels things were not going good. She was so worried about Yibo.

"Look that's the truth. My son was head over heels for prince Zhan. He even send a marriage proposal to him. But prince Zhan never gave him attention. He just want to impress him this time. It was just a friendly talk." Wen Ruohan uttered grinning evilly at Zhan who was fuming right now.

"Then why we found rut triggering supplement from alpha Yubin's drink?"

Before anyone could answer, a handcuffed maid went on his knees.

"It was my fault my lord. Prince Xuan requested me to change alpha Yubin's attention on prince Zhan. So he could talk with him freely. Everyone knows alpha Yubin was overly protective towards prince and no one will be able to approach him. But I couldn't hold him much time and he started to look for prince Zhan. I didn't think much about it at the time because I had never expected something like this to happen. It was my doing. Please punish me!"

Zhan's father and mother was frowning madly. Why the hell his son didn't say anything to this bullshit and watching this drama.

"Prince Zhan then I may ask how Prince Yibo intervened to this matter." Zhan fell silent once more. His face was pale. He couldn't dare to watch at Yibo. Zhan's hands were trembling and he feels like he couldn't breath anymore. He was not like a fragile omega. But right at the moment he feels like he was such a useless trash more than anything, even though his face looks still stoic.