Chapter 23

"Your majesty, He had a panic attack. It seems like he suffered from them frequently. I gave him some medicine to sleep. He'll be fine when he is awake."

Yibo didn't say anything, he was totally speechless. After the doctor left, Yibo looked at the sleeping Omega. With trembling hands, Yibo caressed his hair. Everything was a mess. It seems like he always fails when it comes to Zhan and always ends up hurting him deliberately or not. He again messed it up! A Big time!

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had to go through all that suffering. It seems like I know nothing about how much you suffered and always end up hurting you again and again. I'm sorry I even failed to protect you from danger." Yibo mumbled while snuggling into the same bed. He pulled his Omega into his embrace and kissed his forehead.

"But I promise, If it's true that someone tried to hurt you that day. I'll kill them in many ways." Yibo uttered darkly. He was determined.

******

"Didi, none of the royal guards who escorted Rose Prince out of our kingdom boundaries that day, were still alive." Yibo's commander in charge, Kuan uttered after investigation.

"What? how comes?" Yibo growled angrily. He was furious.

"All of their demises were all unclear. It seems like someone murdered them without a trace. And there is something I need to tell."

"What is that?" Yibo arched his eyebrow.

"One of the royal guard was actually alive up until today. He was hiding well. He was terrified after what he did and knew someday he'd have to face the consequences. He even changed his place so no one would find him. He even changed his name, so I had a more difficult time finding this one than others. But we did, after so much effort. I captured him and threatened him, but when he was going to spill the beans, an arrow pierced his chest, and he was dead right away."

"WHAT???" Yibo became furious. He unleash his anger smashing everything he touches. So someone outsmart him and there was a rat among them. If not how could they know Yibo was searching for them. Yibo don't know who to suspect. Because literally he don't believe anyone not even his ministers in court, not even the maids and royal guards, no one.

"And we found something. I need to you come with me." Kuan took Yibo to see the body. The arrow had pierced right through his heart. Yibo tried to took the arrow in order to inspect it but Kuan disrupted.

"Be careful, It was poisoned." Kuan hand him a gloves. Yibo wore them and inspected the arrow. It was so much clear who is the culcript. Yibo clenched his hands.

"Wens." He stated while Kuan nodded in agreement.

"They were silent for so many years, it seems like they grew some balls recently." Yibo smirked darkly.

******

"Dad what are you doing here?" Zhan shouted while dashing into the pavilion. His heart almost stopped beating seeing the commotion, his father, King Jiangmen, pointing his sword right into Yibo's throat, while Yibo's royal guards circled his dad, pointing their swords, ready to attack anytime. While on the other side, Queen Nora was trying to calm them down.  But what surprised Zhan was that even though his father was ready to sever Yibo's throat, Yibo remained still.

When Zhan learned that his father had arrived, he knew that nothing would go well. If something happens to them, his father will not hesitate to declare war on Gusu. Even though he sent a message to his father stating that he and his spoiled grandchild were fine, it appears that his father will not believe the Gusu people so easily.