Chapter 25

"Gege what happened?" Both Yibo and Zhan dashed to the dungeon where they held the assassin. Kuan was already there at the moment after learning an assassin trespass the King's palace and tried to kill their crown prince. They could see the assassin they captured was already dead, lying on the floor, phlegm was dripping from his mouth.

"He was poisoned." The doctor said who was already there. "I think he was poisoned at least before one or two hours cuz the poison spread to all his organs. We are too late."

Yibo's face darkened. There was a dark energy emitted from the assassin. Even his arrows were disseminated by dark energy.

"That means?" Zhan paused with his dark face.

"He was poisoned before he was here. It seems like traitor was so thoughtful that he or she took care of him eventually. It won't be a problem if he get caught since he'll be dead in a matter of minutes, and also it won't be a problem even if he didn't get caught cuz however he is going to be dead and there won't be any threat." Kuan uttered clenching his fists.

Without saying anything Zhan left the dungeon immediately even without giving a glance at Yibo. He was so pissed right now. He feels like he wants to murder someone right now.

Yibo on the other hand was staring at the dead body, his insides were on fire from wrath. This was the only opportunity to find out who was messing with them. Although he already knew who they were, this was the only evidence but he lost it again.

******

"Your highness, we found this in the entrance of your chamber." Fei, Lusi's maid said to Lusi who was enjoying tea, waiting for a good news. It was a somewhat large gift box which was wrapped nicely.

"What was that?" Lusi's brow arched.

"It seems like a gift box and it smells good, your highness." The maid uttered while holding the box.

Lusi smiled. Did Yibo left it here? No one in this palace was supposed to give her a gift. It seems like Yibo wanted to surprise her. That means he has already forgiven her. After what happened that night Lusi didn't try to interact with Yibo as she don't want to made him angry. She knows Yibo perfectly well. She knew him so well that she knew he was very angry with her. So she decided to stay on the sideline until Yibo got over his anger. She was aware that he couldn't stay angry for long, but this was still too soon. Grinning ear to ear she asked the maid to left the gift box in the table and started to unwrap it.

"AAHHHHH.." she was screaming and her knees give away dropping her body in the floor. Her pupil dilated, whole body trembling badly.

"Your highness, what's wrong?" Her loyal maid ran to her seeing her trembling. Lusi wanted to say something but unable to produce the words in a state of shock. She pointed her trembling fingers towards the gift box.

"Wha... Ahhhhhh..." Fei who was Lusi's maid also screamed in horror seeing a head of a dead body wrapped in a gift box. A bloody, rotten smell was coming out from it making Lusi threw up in instant. Someone sprayed perfume to remove the bad smell from outside, which is why the box smells so good outside. Lusi fainted in terror with a tense body. She knew exactly whose head it was. She was terrified as someone knew she was the culprit. Someone separated the head from the neck and send it as a gift, it was so obvious that someone was giving her a warning.

******

"What's wrong?" Yibo came running to the consort's palace learning Lusi got fainted. He caressed her hand softly who was sleeping right now.

"Nothing wrong your majesty, she was just shocked." The doctor uttered after examine her. After doctor left Yibo turned to the Lusi's maid, glaring at her.