𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶

[A/N] Well well. I seriously couldn't wait to post this chapter so here you go! Extra early just for you!

Also happy 20th chapter! I swear it's a coincidence that it happens to be an angst chapter too!

Get ur tissues ready and enjoy
xxxx

The start of my Q&A is at the end!

SOTD: Cupid (twin version) by Fifty Fifty

^^(this song describes my life)

—————————————————

I carefully watched Jean as he sat next to me. His shoulders moved up and down as he breathed heavily, tears forming in his eyes while he tried not to look at me.

"Jean. You don't have to talk about it if it's just going to make you sad"

He avoided eye contact, trying not to let me see his face.

"Jean look at me"

I grabbed his chin and turned his head around to me. His eyes were puffy and red. Tears beginning to drip down his face. I didn't know what to do except hug him. It's hard to comfort a person when you don't know what they're upset about but I still tried my best. Jean already said he was going to tell me everything but the truth was that I didn't know if I wanted to know or not. It felt like he was only telling me because I happened to be there when it was brought up. I just wished I could take his pain away from him but I couldn't. I could only let him sob into my chest as I pathetically rubbed his back.

He sat up and wiped his face, finally looking at me. His facial expressions seemed tired and sad. It was hard to look at him when he was in this state. All I wanted was to make him happy, make him smile. But it doesn't work like that and I knew it.

"Y/N" Jean finally managed to mumble, "Thank you. Thank you for sitting here and trying to comfort me. I really appreciate it"

How could he be thanking me for doing the bare minimum? I wouldn't even call it comforting. I was just sat there, pathetically.

"But i'm barely doing anything"

My face grew sad, I could feel myself getting emotional while looking at him. The pain on his face just pained me even more.

"You being sat here with me is more than enough. You're trying to help me and you're letting me express my emotions instead of just pretending i'm not upset like some people do. Thank you. Seriously. Thank you"

My heart ached. In that moment I had never been more grateful for Jean. He was comfortable enough to cry and show me his true feelings. That I was grateful for.

I threw my arms around him and hugged him as tightly as I could, providing him with the warmth and love that he definitely needed right now.

"I'm always here for you Jean. Whenever you need me" I said, muffled by his t-shirt.

"I know"

I pulled away from him and planted a soft kiss on his forehead, moving his silky hair out of the way to expose his skin. He took a deep breath and hesitantly put his hand on mine.

"Okay. I'm ready. Let me tell you everything"

I wrapped my fingers around his and squeezed his hand in reassurance. He was shaking slightly, his nerves building up.

"About a year ago, I was in my home town visiting some old family friends with my Mom. As I told you, I moved away from there around three years ago to come live in Paradis. I was born in a small village in France but when my dad passed away, when I was very little, my Mom moved us to my home town, Trost"