Cry Unto The Night

Mattholomule POV~

(I need to be consistent with my style)

I walked into the hallway, planks creaking beneath my feet. Remembering when Steve first decorated his room with mum and me, I navigated myself to the main gathering space. A slightly crooked clock on the wall told me it was 5:40 am. There was a figure on the couch who must have been an older lady. She looked familiar with tanned skin and dark hair. 

"Why hello there my child, have a seat." The mysteriously familiar lady said.

"M-May I ask who you are?"

"My name is Camila, Luz's mother."

"Why are you out here so early Mrs.Noceda?"

"Please call me Camila. I was worried about Gus, he seems so unhappy lately. By the way, I never caught your name."

"My name is Matt or Mattholomule but Gus call's me, Matty."

I amused look crossed her face, which I chose to ignore.

From there Camila and I talked until noon, people occasionally coming in to grab stuff but mostly resting. By nighttime, I headed back to the room seeing Gus reading a book.

I sat on the floor pretending to busy myself while waiting for Gus to sleep. After hearing soft snores, I settled myself on the ground, ignoring the splinters and glass shards digging into my skin. With that, I slept.

~TomE SmoP~

I was enveloped in darkness, people laugh all around me. Who could ever love this mess?I was shaking. Being Shaken? Bria's laughter filled my head. 

And I was awake. Tears streaming down my face I looked up to see none other than Gus.

He wrapped me into a hug, rubbing circles on my back, calming me down. My breathing slowed and Gus moved me onto the bed.

"Are you okay?" Gus asked, a solemn expression masking his face, and worry clouding his eyes.

"N-Not really." I stammered, "But I think its time I tell you some things that happened to me while you were gone.."