Home Sweet Human Realm

Hi. Guess who's back? Please follow, I need motivation.

____________________________________________________

Mattholomule POV~

I sat alone in my room. All I could hear was silence. Suddenly a shout broke through the silence. "Matt, Time to go to the celebration for today!"

I got up almost on autopilot. Thud. My feet pound the stairs. They feel so heavy I can hardly walk. Steve is on guard duty for the ceremony so my mother is the only one waiting for me at the door. I get a message. 

Gus: Going to fight the Emperor. LOL

Wait. What the fuck? He just sent that so nonchalantly like fighting someone who ruled over everyone with an iron fist for 50 years?

I looked up and realized that a steady beat was being played by some coven scout nearby on large drums. My mother hurried me along and I gaped at the pure amount of people who showed up. There were witches and demons from every track. Heck, there were hundreds, maybe even thousands in the healing coven alone. I knew because I was standing with my mother in the healing track section.

Those were the last moments I remember clearly before seeing the Emperor say a few words with a sly grin on his face. Suddenly everyone was silent. Before they were cheering but now, nothing.

 A blood-curdling scream pierced through the air. Many were soon to follow. There was many of pain and fear. I just stood there. I felt nothing. I was numb. 

I watched people fall one by one until I was the last one standing. I knew that everyone was gone. 

The shade of the eclipse was cut short and suddenly it was a normal sunny day again.

 I had no clue what had happened but I knew that Gus was gone. I had a pull in my gut telling me that he would never be here again.

 They were all gone. They left me. I was alone. Nobody cared and even if they did Matt could care less. I was still numb to emotion. It was like anesthesia to all emotion that had been injected into my heart. I did not want to feel numb. I wanted to cry, shout, scream even. But I couldn't.

I trudged home not caring if I ran into a wild witch. What did I have to live for anyway? My family was gone. My one and only friend was gone. I got home and curled up underneath my bed. I passed out from exhaustion hoping to never wake again.

______________________________________________________________________

YAY! I moved my lazy self to write another chapter! I have a really good idea for the next few chapters that will be a little less angsty but don't worry, I think ya will like them. Seeya and take these:

~🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋~