Explain

Mattholomule POV

I woke up seeing that the sun was just over the horizon. The window in the room that Gus and I were sharing had a view that I had never seen before. Taking my gaze else where I saw more pictures of my brother and some with me from a few months ago. I took one off of the ground and looked in a mirror hanging on the wall. Holding up the image I compared it to what I used to look like. 

I looked so pale and scrawny once upon a time. Now I was tan with freckles and was bulky yet skinny from lack of food.

Did I really change that much?

I heard familiar footsteps.

Nonononononononono.

Not here. 

I was supposed to be safe. 

SHE WAS COMING, SHE FOUND ME, BACK TO BEING A NOBODY.

The footsteps stopped and the door opened to reveal the purple-haired girl.

I kept my composure out of fear. She ruined me. Made me a machine. Took things from me I would never be able to fully repair.

Bria's voice was so sweet it mocked me.

"Matty dear, you haven't told anybody have you?"

Not wanting a punishment I responded instantaneously.

"Of course not, you deserve only the best of treatment."

"Good cause Im staying here and I don't want you getting comfy."
With that, she turned on her heel and walked away.

I was going to go back to bed but when I looked back I saw Gus staring at me. wide awake.

"What the fuck was that?"

Short chapter ig?