The Day Of Unity

(My art on the cover) 

This is my first story, Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mattholomule Pov~

             I blinked the bleariness from my eyes while reaching over to silence the monotone buzzing of my scroll. I picked it up seeing the dreaded reminder of what this day would mean. 

           The day of unity, I heard what the plans were and I was NOT looking forward to it. Let's just hope that humans can sort this out. Otherwise, I may never see the few I care for again. Like Steve, or Gu-Agustus. Wait. When did he make it onto this list?

             My cheeks grew a rosy color and I felt like there were fairies in my stomach. What is this feeling? I wondered. Suddenly it hit me, I knew this feeling all too well. And it usually led to someone getting hurt. I had a crush. On Agustus. The one person I was supposed to hate above everyone else.

          A thought hits me: What if they never come back? I'm not talking about just my family. I'm talking about those nerds Gus calls his friends. What if their plan fails?

         Everyone on the aisles will die. Except for all those without sigils of course. I tried warning my family but when did they ever listen to me anyways? When they are gone I might as well just be nonexistent.

            Those without sigils are few and far between. Meaning I would have nobody. 

            I heard about how the nerds were gonna get their friend home but if their plan fails, will they all have to run to the safety of the human realm? 

            Will I get to see Gus's cute grin ever again after today?

            All of a sudden a buzzing comes from the scroll now sitting on my lap and snap's me out of my thoughts. It's a message from Gus.

Gus: Meet at the Graveyard by 8:00.

             I look up at my clock, 7:30. I should get going. I drape my blanket over my desk chair and get ready before rushing out the door just before 7:50 I run all the way to the graveyard before slowing to see Gus hunched over on a rock. 

           I hear muffled sobs coming from him and awkwardly shuffle my feet. I wanted to help but I really wasn't good and much except for being awkward so I (awkwardly) walk over to Gus and sit next to him. He finally looks up at me and I see his eyes were red and puffy. Before I knew what I was doing I pulled him into a hug while a wave of understanding passed in the silence. We both knew that it would be a while since we saw each other. With sudden realization of what I just did, I pulled back and flushed a dark shade of crimson and my ears twitched.

        Gus's eyes clouded with confusion. "Is there something wrong?" He croaked. His throat was still dry from crying. "Are you sick? Why is your face red? Why did you pull away?" Gus's face crinkled in worry.

"I-I just was wondering when you had to leave."

Another wave of silence passed. 

"I leave to escort Luz in 30 minutes, that's why I called you here so early."

More silence

"Gus," I started cautiously, "When do you think that I will get to see you again?"

He avoided my gaze. I felt my heart shatter at his next words: "I might never come back."

I felt a tear slide down my cheek. Then another. No, no, no, no, no don't show weakness. I was fully crying now. My attempts at holding the tears back proved futile.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THATS IT. Should I do another chapter? I really like where this story is going and I know this is short but I can't write much. Seeya and take these.

--♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡--