Therapy

I'd only been home for a couple of days and it really was such a big adjustment that I was trying my hardest to get used to. I got that Max and everyone else was worried about me, it was clear to see from the way they all looked at me and were stepping on eggshells around me. But I don't think they understood the constant asking me if I was okay and looking at me like I was broken was so suffocating. I spent most of my time away from them so I didn't have to see the looks in their eyes. The only one that was being slightly normal with me was Brandon and he'd already left. I was just pleased that I had a therapy session today, I felt like it might actually do me some good and help me to be more positive. I sat myself down and waited in front of the laptop in my dads home office as it was the only place I hopefully wouldn't be interrupted. It wasn't long before Dr Bolton appeared on the screen with a friendly smile. "Hi Kaycee it's good to see you" it was really weird talking to her like this through a screen, it just didn't quite have the same feeling. She seemed to notice my cautiousness. "Kaycee if this feels uncomfortable we can find you a therapist that's in Monaco" I shook my head. I didn't want a new therapist she was the only one I'd spoken to the whole time I was there and I really didn't have it in me to start all over again with someone else. This would just have to do. "How has it been since you've been home" I took a moment to think of how I could put into words how it had really been. "hard really hard, everyone looks at me like I'm so fragile" she nodded and paused waiting for me to continue. "All can think is that they're right and I'm never going to be better" it felt really good to let out how I was feeling. I could feel the weight lifting off me as the session went along, I needed this I needed to speak and just offload everything that I was feeling right now. As the session came to an end she asked the one question I'd been dreading. "Have you been outside yet Kaycee" I shook my head in an attempt to shut down the question. "Maybe you could try, it would be a positive step forward" I didn't feel like I was ready to yet. I felt comfortable and safe where I was.

I thought about what Dr Bolton had said, maybe it was a good idea to finally get out of the apartment, I'd just been closing myself in still hiding away from the world and I couldn't do that forever. "How was it?" Max asked apprehensively as I came back into the room "I feel like it really helped" I could hear him stifle his sigh of relief. "So are we going for lunch?" I asked and waited patiently for him to respond. Max looked at me completely bewildered, he definitely wasn't expecting me to just come out and say that. "I'll go get Luna ready" I said smiling at him. The grin that appeared on his face was so uplifting.
He didn't look at me like he was worried and fearful of what I might do, we just enjoyed the afternoon together with Luna. We took a walk down by the water and eventually Luna fell asleep, so i decided I just wanted to sit there for a while taking it all in. "Do you want to go back?" Max mumbled quietly next to me "Not yet" I replied leaning in to kiss him gently, neither of us pulled away I think we were both lost in the moment. Max eventually pulled back enough to look into my eyes. "Please don't ever do it again" I knew what he was talking about without him having to say the words. "You could have talked to me Kace" I could hear the desperation in his voice. "I said I would tell you everything and I think i might be ready now" he didn't say anything, he just nodded and waited patiently for me. I took in a huge breathe preparing myself and as we walked back I just let everything come out. Everything that Charles did and said just came spilling out like it had been bubbling up waiting on o be released. The whole time Max listened not interrupting me once, he just let me say what I needed to and it felt unbelievably freeing. It didn't have this huge weight sitting on my shoulders and coming between us.

KaceWolff: Little perfect moments ❤️Liked by: MaxVerstappen, EmiliaDegoil and 463,026 others

Liked by: MaxVerstappen, EmiliaDegoil and 463,026 others