Back to reality pt.2

I got into bed next to Max and he let out a sigh. "Can you hear that?" He said as he put his arm around me pulled me into him. At first I didn't get the gist of what he meant, I just tilted my head up to see if I could hear anything like a complete idiot. Max just started to laugh at me "the silence". It finally clicked he was talking about Luna, silence wasn't a sound that we were particularly used to anymore it felt like an eternity since we'd actually spent time together and not had to deal with her screaming in the background. "Maybe I should bring her to more races" I chuckled back to him. "So your glad you came?" I didn't even need to think about it at all. I propped myself up to look at him "I really am" I replied as I leaned in to kiss him. As the kiss intensified Max didn't even give me a chance to pull away It had been so long since we last had sex I felt a wave of nervousness wash over me, I'd never felt this way before especially not with him it was like it was the first time all over again. My nerves soon disappeared and I realised how much I'd missed being this close to him.

I woke up to the feeling of Max gently stroking my head. "Morning beautiful" he said as I opened my eyes. The light from the window was blinding me so it took me a moment to fully focus. Max was already dressed and it looked like he was ready to leave, he seemed to notice my confusion as I looked him up and down. "I thought I'd let you sleep in, but I just wanted to let you know I was leaving" he was heading to the track already? What was the time and why was it so quiet. "where's Luna?" I asked still in a daze from just waking up which Max seemed to find amusing. "She woke up at like 6, she's all sorted and back to sleep again" the little smile on his face was the cutest I'd seen, he looked so pleased with himself. There was breakfast waiting for me, Luna was completely sorted all I needed to do was get myself ready. Max even sent a car to collect us even on race day he'd gone to do much effort to help and make things as easy as possible.

KaceWolff
Added to Story

I gathered as Max had won the race it would be a while until he'd be ready to leave

I gathered as Max had won the race it would be a while until he'd be ready to leave. Luna was with Susie so I had some time to wander around the paddock on my own. As I walked around I spotted Arthur walking into the Ferrari hospitality, I'd been thinking a lot about him wanting to meet Luna and Max was right he was her family and just because Charles didn't want to know her it wouldn't be right or fair on her for me to say no. I quickly followed after him, I didn't want to be in there for any longer than I needed to be as I didn't want to risk being anywhere near Charles. As I approached Arthur he spotted me straight away and excused himself from his conversation, his smile was soft and reassuring at least he was one Leclerc that didn't hate me. "I was actually thinking about what you said" I asked quickly hoping I could wrap the conversation up as quickly as possible. Arthur seemed to notice that I was on edge "I don't want you to feel pushed into it" he replied reassuringly. I'd actually forgotten how sweet was, at least one of the Leclerc could be nice to me. I explained to Arthur that I was happy for him to spend time with Luna just as long as Charles wouldn't be there which he agreed to without any question. Seeing as everyone was going to head straight to Monaco for the next race it just seemed fitting for it to happen there.

I felt relieved when I left the hospitality and spotted Max straight away, I'd managed to avoid seeing Charles completely. "There's my winner" I proclaimed as I walked towards him. He had the same cute smile on his face from this morning. "I might actually get to celebrate a championship with you there this time" I guess he was right the first one we don't mention for obvious reason and well last season I was little preoccupied being pregnant and miserable "the seasons not over yet" I said pausing for a moment to smirk at him "my moneys on Lewis" I chuckled as I walked away from him, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Is that so?" before I could reply he kissed me. The truth was I wanted nothing more than to be by his side and support him through this. In that moment I felt the happiest I'd been in such a long time, although it wasn't always easy I couldn't imagine how I would have got through any of this without him.